Leaf springs

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Servicon
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Re: Leaf springs

Post by Servicon »

Hi guys,

I usually carry heavy loads and when loaded the back is way too low. Any recommendations on what I can do. Heavy duty suspension or a helper kit?
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]Servicon [/mention] that’s what I’m looking at going for the heavy duty leaf springs that come on the British Gas vans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

SWB Heavy Duty
https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/sachs-le ... -667440310

Maxi Heavy Duty
https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/sachs-le ... -667440300

Be careful going off details for ex BG vans as the SWB and Maxi use different length springs.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Servicon
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by Servicon »

Thanks gents 🙂
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

Cheers [mention]Doc [/mention] always nice to know someone who has the info to make things easier. Didn’t know euros did them. I’ve found another brand called kilen part number comes up as 2k3511151t think I got them down to £117 each which isn’t bad.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

With the current discount code, let's face it there will be another along in a week, at ECP, they are £191 for the pair of SWB HD leafs.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]Doc [/mention] thanks mate will have a look on there and get a set ordered.

gavzzorz
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by gavzzorz »

Sorry to revive an old thread but what Leafs did you end up getting Azz as i have the exact same bouncing issue and being a spark/IT Tech with the van constantly loaded and lowered is driving me insane!

Mine is a SWB 55 plate so it should be the identical leafs as you got.

Cheers
55 Caddy 1.9tdi ASZ - Refrofitted Cruse, Projectors, HID, Auto Wipers, Auto Lights, Footwell Lights, Highline Display, MFSW, AL Injectors, GTB1752 turbo and 02Q 6 Speed.
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]gavzzorz [/mention] sorry mate I haven’t been on here in a while, you’ve probably already sorted it by now on you’re van, but I went with the heavy duty leafs for the swb and it changed the whole feel of the rear end big time no more bouncing all over the road even with the slightest bump in the round. I also fitted some gaz short adjustable shocks and also made it a lot better. I’ve been looking at upgrading the shocks to some bilstein ones.