Finding windows dropped by 10mm

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
LeeH
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Finding windows dropped by 10mm

Post by LeeH »

Is it something I’m doing with my key fob? On the odd occasion I’ve come back to my van with both door windows open by 10mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2011 2.0 GT Bluemotion Tech DSG in Candy White
2012 1.6 Highline Bluemotion Tech Caddy in Indium Grey
Liam
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Finding windows dropped by 10mm

Post by Liam »

holding the open button for more than 2 seconds or so will open the windows so maybe u are just pressing it for too long
2016 2.0 Tdi Mk4 Trendline caddy 160bhp
Remapped by Joe Power at TDR.ie www.tdr.ie
Build thread here
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976
donnielee
100BHP+

Post by donnielee »

its from being in ur pocket with other things,the buttons are just getting pushed happens to everyone im gonnna code mine from doing that.
Bigrace
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Bigrace »

Had mine coded out for that very reason. I used to go out on a morning to both windows fully open and soaking wet seats and window switches

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

anoneamus
Hyper Poster

Post by anoneamus »

You can turn on the "rain closing" function if you have the auto wipers. Car will close the windows automatically if it detects rain... ;)
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

To save coding, you can just pull the window fuse for a few seconds and not reset the "limit stop" (where you hold up and down for 5-10 seconds after the window is fully up/down) to disable the auto run and convenience functions.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
anoneamus
Hyper Poster

Post by anoneamus »

Enable all the MFD functions, then you can turn off "Window opening" in the "Convenience" setttings. That way you can still use the fob to close the windows, but not open them. If you want to turn it back on again, just use the MFD. With all the MFD functions enabled, you can also turn on/off the "rain closing" function.
LeeH
200BHP+

Post by LeeH »

Thanks, lll give that a go. I found them 1/2 way down 2 mornings ago!! Luckily it was a dry night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2011 2.0 GT Bluemotion Tech DSG in Candy White
2012 1.6 Highline Bluemotion Tech Caddy in Indium Grey
zzgwon
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by zzgwon »

anoneamus wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:59 am Enable all the MFD functions
How do you do that? I have the "rain closing" option in my MFD, but nothing related to the convenience functions. Is it a coding change? I do have VCDS plus cable.
Caddy Maxi 2013, 103 kW
anoneamus
Hyper Poster

Post by anoneamus »

zzgwon wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:36 am How do you do that? Is it a coding change?
I'm not 100% sure which setting it is, but you do need VCDS. I *think* it's BCM (CAN 0x09), byte 5 bit 7 (Comfort Operation Adaptation Blocked) that must be set to off (not ticked). In general, while you're in there, I would (and did!) disable all the "blocked" and "suppressed" options. This will add all the options that could be set via MFD. In some markets some functions are "blocked" or "suppressed" for whatever reasons. I prefer to be able to turn those things on and off via MFD. YMMV.
zzgwon
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by zzgwon »

Thank you! Wasn't aware of settings there, I've been holding back a bit with playing around with VCDS. Agreed, nicer to have an easy on-screen way of changing settings. I've got a friend with a Caddy who keeps locking his keys in the car because of the automatic locking if you don't open a door after unlocking, and his back door sensor is broken. He'd be very glad to be able to just turn that feature off himself instead of having to go to a VW workshop or similar :).
Last edited by Doc on Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post.
Caddy Maxi 2013, 103 kW