Caddy/Touran help please

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
misterarron
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Caddy/Touran help please

Post by misterarron »

Hey guys!
Have literally been searching for god knows how long now with no solution insight at the moment.. please help!

i have a 2011 Caddy

i've bought and fitted a touran interior which im led to believe is a 05 plate. it has the 4 window switch on drivers side door.

i left the metal door cards in place and replaced the window switch module with the touran ones. plugged in the window switches, all lights up as they should on the switches.

now when i plug the touran door cards in i have issues:

- elec mirrors dont move
- when trying to put the windows down or up it flicks the central locking and indicators flash as if its locked
- central locking on key fob only locks the back doors

any ideas? Thank you
2011 C20 1.6TDI - Touran interior recently fitted. Full TRC splitter kit. Prosport Coilovers. Plenty more too come.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy/Touran help please

Post by Doc »

Your wiring, being a 2011 caddy, is for a Generation 3 door control module.
The motor you have fitted, from 2005 Touran, is most likely generation 1.
These generations are wired differently.
If I were you, I'd source a set of generation 3 motors and repin the door switch loom.

Whoever sold you the 2005 modules for a 2011 caddy needs their face slapped.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
misterarron
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by misterarron »

thank you, ill try my luck finding some more modules.
would you know the pins i need to change at all?

i was thinking... do i use the original caddy modules and modify the grab handle to take the two switch button and smooth the remaining holes over.
2011 C20 1.6TDI - Touran interior recently fitted. Full TRC splitter kit. Prosport Coilovers. Plenty more too come.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Your caddys original modules won't work with the electric window motors, unless you already had electric windows?? :?

When/if you find different modules and you have the details from them, it will be possible to give you the data for repositioning the pins in the switch loom.
The 2 button handle is available from VW as is the 2 switch module, there's no need to go smoothing over the rear button holes in the drivers handle.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
misterarron
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by misterarron »

ah perfect! yeah i had electric windows / electric mirrors already fitted to my caddy.

Would i be correct in thinking the only difference ill gain from using Touran modules is the small light in the bottom of the doorcard?

I could just use the original caddy modules with a 2 switch and sacrifice this light? or do i need to go and source some touran modules from a 3rd gen.

Thanks for all the help!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The door warning lights are just a coding option that will have been available on your original caddy window motors, there was no need to change to Touran motors to gain this functionality.
If the lights are all you want, Tommyzooom can supply a retrofit loom and lights for you.
If you want to make use of the Touran door cards, just replace the door looms (from the door control module to the switches etc.) with the looms from your caddy.

misterarron
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by misterarron »

Thanks Doc,

ill strip the door cards today and pop my orginal caddy motors/modules back in.

new to this forums (only had the caddy a month or so) so will try and get in touch with TommyZoom about this loom.

Thanks again
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

You're welcome.

If you'd asked on the forum sooner, you might have saved yourself the price of the Touran motors and the time fitting/removing them.

misterarron
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by misterarron »

hindsight! all a big learning curve for me now.. put it down to that haha!

Thanks again for all of your help on this :) really appreciate it.
misterarron
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by misterarron »

swapped modules over and all is working as it should :)

2 windows handle on order too

thanks Doc!
Crazydude1987
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Crazydude1987 »

Hi folks first post. Been searching threads with regards to the Caddy/Touran conversion.

Basically just bought a 2011 Caddy, great deal even with the windows not working properly.

So the caddy has got the full touran door cards with all motors etc. Looks good but the central locking doesn't work properly. Due to this the electrics to the windows have all been disconnected allowing me to lock the caddy.

I have read so much about this and get varying answers. I’ve been told it needs to be plugged in and something done with the codes? I just need as much info before I go get stung by a auto electrician.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andy