bulb error light coding

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
sheepy92
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

bulb error light coding

Post by sheepy92 »

is there anyone midlands based who would be able to code out my bulb error light cheers folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: bulb error light coding

Post by Doc »

LE65 1TE any good?
Last time I said I was in the Midlands I was told is East Midlands so make your own mind up on that.
What bulb error?
What year caddy?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
sheepy92
Twin Turbo poster

Post by sheepy92 »

hi doc its a 2013 63 caddy and i have changed the rear lights for facelift and now a connection missing causing a open circuit on rear lights

skinnyd
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by skinnyd »

@Doc

I will have access to VCP for a short period and need the steps to code the bulb out error for the DRL/park light only.
I have a Caddy4.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Use the guided functions and then select "other". You'll see pq35 BCM codings option.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
skinnyd
200BHP+

Post by skinnyd »

Ok thanks @Doc
Is the process thereafter self explanatory?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Yes buddy, you read your BCM, check the diagnostics boxes for the relevant outputs, write the new configuration and you're done.

skinnyd
200BHP+

Post by skinnyd »

Cheers doc

skinnyd
200BHP+

bulb error light coding

Post by skinnyd »

@Doc

So i borrowed the VCP cable and I’m struggling to solve this.

When I used the guided functions it was the “Apps” menu that had the BCM outputs settings

I unchecked the DRL diagnostics and the standing (park) lights as well but no luck with the bulb error. Below is the pics before any changes made

Any advice?

daz-uk
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by daz-uk »

I have same issue on my 2014 caddy, had the MK4 lights installed, but they could not code in bottom bar on lights, and bulb light stays on in the dash, the thing is I don't have access to VCP, so if anyone close to Cambridge can help, or I don't mind travelling to get it sorted, thanks
claudiu2s
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by claudiu2s »

daz-uk wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:54 pm I have same issue on my 2014 caddy, had the MK4 lights installed, but they could not code in bottom bar on lights, and bulb light stays on in the dash, the thing is I don't have access to VCP, so if anyone close to Cambridge can help, or I don't mind travelling to get it sorted, thanks
if u don;t mind travelling to Hemel Hempstead, I can help
I have genuine VCDS, VagCAN Pro, SMOK and ODIS with online server access for any of your programming needs in Hemel Hempstead/Watford area.
vcds.diagnostic@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/pg/VCDSDiagnos ... e_internal
http://vcds-diagnostic.simplesite.com/
skinnyd
200BHP+

Post by skinnyd »

Any assistance with my situation. I already have a borrowed cable

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I've never had a problem with the VCP method for LED DRLs. What brand LEDs did you use, they are the correct 5/21w base?

skinnyd
200BHP+

bulb error light coding

Post by skinnyd »

The LED bulbs are osram original as pic below. They don’t claim canbus error free so I knew it will show the bulb out error.

They work well as DRL/Park lights by dimming etc properly apart from the bulb error.

I think I’m not doing something right in VCP.

My question is what settings do I actually uncheck on the VCP?
Also with VCP there are options on the home page to select CAN and K line etc so not sure if this is the issue.

Mwcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mwcaddy »

Evening! Hope you can help. I've just got a caddy 64 maxi and fitted led bulbs as drl. The warning light appears and only shows the left side as a fault? Changing the bulb to the right hand side doesn't change it? Any advice would be great!