Dashboard light fault help

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Peaceyy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Dashboard light fault help

Post by Peaceyy »

Hi on my 09 caddy 1.9tdi I have a strange issue. When the right hand indicator is on the power steering light flashes with the indicator, when the left is on the engine management flashes with the indicator. They are dim not fully lit so probably a bad earth, anyone had a similar problem to point me in the right direction? Also they may flicker randomly while driving .
briantazey
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Dashboard light fault help

Post by briantazey »

hi did anyone sort this as my 58 plate 1.9 tdi is doing exactly the same thank
Lj_Mouzer
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by Lj_Mouzer »

Same issue here, noticed one of my headlight dust covers is missing, gonna fix that first.
Issue seems to be with bad weather, fog and rain.
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

It could be a fault in the wiring harness down towards the front of the engine bay if it’s worse/only happens when it’s wet. Follow the harness from the bulkhead checking at each point the wiring crosses any and fixings including or wiring harnesses.

Hopefully someone will be along to give a bit more advice and point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
DW2207
Hyper Poster

Post by DW2207 »

Had this on my 2008 caddy. I'm afraid it's a faulty dash pinnacle. There is a company that refurbished mine in Hertfordshire. I think I paid £180 for the service plus the postage to send it once removed. A common problem with this pinnacle.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I'd have to agree, the instrument cluster seems to fail internally.
£180 should get you a highline instrument cluster with a temperature gauge, might as well upgrade when your hand is forced.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Lj_Mouzer
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by Lj_Mouzer »

Update:

I ruled out the possibility of this problem being caused by bad ground from the turn indicators.

As the power steering light also lights up faintly when the fuel low indicator is on, thus this problem must be in the instrument cluster as others also stated.
Magikwhite444
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Magikwhite444 »

Hello I know this is bit of an old post but I'm new to caddy's just bought one with this problem.
Eml flashing when indicating left
So will i be able to get a set of touran clocks and have them coded to my van which is a 2010 ex gas board van 2.0 sdi
Pedro@2021
Caddy Fan

Post by Pedro@2021 »

I have a 09/59 plate Caddy Maxi DSG and having similar problems with lights showing faintly when indicating left/right. Would the instrument panel from a manual Touran work in a dsg Caddy or would they need to be dsg thanks in anticipation.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

There is no difference in the instrument cluster for manual vs DSG.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Pedro@2021
Caddy Fan

Post by Pedro@2021 »

Thanks for the reply greatly appreciated
Pedro@2021
Caddy Fan

Post by Pedro@2021 »

Just spoke to guy today to supply and fit a set of high line clocks £265.00.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Sounds a bit too cheap as I believe they are a lot more than that new.
If that's for a used cluster, for comparison, I recently fitted a 2009 highline cluster for a guy who got it off eBay for £45. He gave me £80 for the immobilizer transfer and unlocking.

Pedro@2021
Caddy Fan

Post by Pedro@2021 »

Hi Doc, yes used cluster, there’s a guy locally selling a set for £30.00 but the guy who fits and codes said he won’t fit them and code only fits his own..
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

He's having your pants down in that case.
I put a small mark up on items I buy and test before offering for sale but with that in mind your guy is adding £150 for the pleasure of testing even the most expensive used highline instrument cluster on eBay.