White cluster upgrade

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: White cluster upgrade

Post by Doc »

MABS module should not need to be upgraded for a white display instrument cluster.

2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
CaddyShackTDI
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CaddyShackTDI »

Top man…. But will need wiring changing still yes? As I’m getting esp and abs lights dancing and constant beeping…. Cheers doc
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Wire is only changed when changing from ABS to MABS module.

Have you checked the fault codes to work out what's wrong? The old type module will work fine with a white display instrument cluster except for reading speed over 30MPH.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
CaddyShackTDI
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CaddyShackTDI »

Well I have an idea the instrument cluster won’t communicate through vehicle…. I think my adapter loom dodgy…. Loss of can bus so I suppose that could be issue I have abs light flashing, run flat flickering and loads of faults on screen in middle, like brake servo fault, esp etc etc that you keep clearing with mfsw keeps popping back up…. My van is a 2005…. Built using a 2004 touran lol…. It’s a hybrid for sure lol…. We call it asbo!
CaddyShackTDI
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CaddyShackTDI »

I have checked using vcds and it’s 2K0 907 379 A, ASR FRONT MK70 0105, coding 0017106 cheers
CaddyShackTDI
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CaddyShackTDI »

Can you advise what I need to do as I feel perhaps it’s not the MABS as first thought?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Are you experiencing the symptoms described previously?
Have you any fault codes?

1K0-907-379AF is a known good replacement part that will work.

CaddyShackTDI
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CaddyShackTDI »

Ok… ordered that abs module…. Clocks fitted and working… no handbrake light, getting esc faults, abs faults and brake servo failure and constant beeping…. If I remember right they abs link wire is in one correct position and it needs moving from original position to the pin you’ve specified correct? I’m praying all those weird traction esc and abs faults will disappear lol…. Doc did you ever do the aux dials like golf r, beetle etc etc on yours with any success?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The moving of the link wire is only necessary if you swap to the 379AF module, there's absolutely no need to do this if the 379A is your original module.

As I said before, the older modules only fail to show the speed over 30mph so you definitely have something wrong with your cluster swap if you can't clear the ABS faults.

CaddyShackTDI
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CaddyShackTDI »

Well I’m lost now last time i did one it acted the same…. I have to wire mod and change module…. And yes Speedo drops after 30mph bleeping flashin (i) light and when driving abs light flickers, like I said the last one I did was the same…. It didn’t work till I had modded really confused now
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I'm quite sure I had someone drive to me for a ABS change and he was using GPS for his speed, otherwise the ABS was fine. Long time ago though, think we did the first white cluster upgrade in 2013.

CaddyShackTDI
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CaddyShackTDI »

I think I’ll get module, change it, check wiring and if it’s not I’ll do it as you’ve said, there is a discrepancy on the wiring mod on this thread though…. Now last time if I remember one end stays in the same place and the other end is moved to a bee location…. Just to clarify can you confirm which two pins must be linked…. We will go from there…. My other issue that I can’t sort is the fuel gauge fault code although it’s adaptions says 1 fuel sensor I have a code for fuel sensor 2 that for life of me can’t get rid of….. it’s been 3-4 I think since I last did all this lol thanks for the helps as always
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

What discrepancy have you spotted on the wiring mod in this thread? I thought I'd cleaned up all the information relating to the similar but not identical process on the mk5 Golf which had been posted. The only incorrect information is where you have asked about wiring positions a few days ago.
This has been discussed and answered several times previously in this thread, the link wire should be between 15 & 22 for a caddy.

CaddyShackTDI
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CaddyShackTDI »

Right… update doc… my electric unit was a MABS unit 0379A it gave the strange fault I explained which I also had three years same scenario…. Change to 0379AF and changed pin 24 to 15 of link wire… built back up faults gone! So that’s good news ABS faults now are unit incorrectly coded and it won’t accept my old coding from old unit 😳 one step forward two back lol…. But all the beeping and flashing has now gone thanks for your advice 👍🏻
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Your old unit coding won't do it.
Try 0020801