Wheel wobble

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Jay1182
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Wheel wobble

Post by Jay1182 »

Hey guys i got 19s on my mk4 (not lowered yet) and someone on fb asked me how my wheel wobble was after seein a picture of it lol
Honestly I never realised it till he mentioned it I mean the ride was a bit rough as it's really high but Wheel wobble lol.......now it's all I can see and the ride feels even worse cos I can see it
Am i right in thinking it's going to stop when it's lowered,
I'm thinking of a Bilstein set up any thoughts on this
Thanks Image

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Liam
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Wheel wobble

Post by Liam »

welcome to caddy2k

where exactly are you getting the wobble ?
2016 2.0 Tdi Mk4 Trendline caddy 160bhp
Remapped by Joe Power at TDR.ie www.tdr.ie
Build thread here
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976
karlos0891
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by karlos0891 »

depends on what sort of wheel wobble. maybe id start off with checking the torque of the wheel bolts and having the wheels balanced incase thats out. but the wheels should not wobble unless there was something major wrong but that should make a noise/knock. are the tyres new or second hand? if its the rear axle moving i believe you can reduce that with poly bushes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jay1182
100BHP+

Post by Jay1182 »

Liam wrote:welcome to caddy2k

where exactly are you getting the wobble ?
Hiya thanks
When I'm goin over humps and slight ditches roundabouts
I was told to look into my mirrors while going over and I have been, I can see it, it dont look right its like a slight play
Tyres are all torqued up right got Conti 6 all around its not that kind of movement u cant feel it I never knew till some one told me on the a fb group

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

So someone you've never met has diagnosed your van with a "problem" from a photo?

What you described is typical for leaf spring suspension and the solid axle, I've put 250,000 miles on Caddys at standard height and all have had a rear wheel you can notice if you stare in the mirror. It's not a fault, you need to remember that when one side moves the other has to go with it, they are joined by a rigid axle.
Concentrate on the road ahead and don't worry about fixating on a problem that really isn't.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

If anything, once you lower your caddy, the wheel will be closer to the arch and if you look it will be more noticeable.
Have a look at a standard caddy with standard steels on, you'll see how tucked the rears are and how much the arch overhangs at the top. This is exactly to cater for the wheel movement within the arch.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
H11NUM
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by H11NUM »

Doc's right mine does exactly the same,but I never noticed it until I lowered it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jay1182
100BHP+

Post by Jay1182 »

Hi thanks for your replies guys
It's my 1st ever caddy (for show purpose) coming from a line of transits

I basically introduced myself on a caddy page (ccuk) like I did on here too with a pic and this "stranger" just asked how was my wheel wobble along with check your mirrors on humps n roundabouts etc
I didn't know if he was taking the Micky or wat so I've just been observing
I love my mk4 caddy think its amazing but so much to do do on it
15plate-fleet
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by 15plate-fleet »

It will get worse when you lower it
H11NUM
Caddy2k Groupie