Clutch release idle fluctuation

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
brettk46
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Clutch release idle fluctuation

Post by brettk46 »

HI All,

Have any of you ever experienced a variation in idle when you release the clutch , like a dip/rise in idle then it sits back at the correct range ?
Any thoughts or suggestions ?
Thanks
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Clutch release idle fluctuation

Post by Doc »

Is normal for some fluctuations in the idle speed to happen but no more than say 50rpm. How bad is yours?
If it is very bad it might be a sign your gearbox is having problems. Worse case it may be a crank problem.
If it's a 1.6TDI and it's had replacement injectors, the injector offset can cause this if it has not been set.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
brettk46
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by brettk46 »

Its not bad at all but noticeable , was just curious as you will normally always get a blip when coming to a traffic light etc and you release the clutch .
its the 1.6tdi 102 but mapped to 140 , injectors have not been done to my knowledge and don't look to be new either .
appreciate the response .
vespino
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by vespino »

I have the same problem on mine, it takes turns when I actuate the clutch pedal or brakes. 1.6 tdi 102
peely
Hyper Poster

Post by peely »

Is this to do with a hill start assist or am I thinking of something else , my BG van does it but like Doc says it’s about 50ish rpm .
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .