Flip up armrests

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Sunn159ti
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Flip up armrests

Post by Sunn159ti »

I'm considering a centre armrest, flip-up style and wondered if anyone who has one can recommend any in particular please?

I looked at the Armster and another one that's designed specifically to fit to a Caddy (as opposed to the universal type), but I'm trying to weigh up whether it's worth it or not? I'd lose a little storage space whilst gaining it elsewhere, but I'm not clear on exactly what space is lose - whether its the shallow tray only or the drinks holders at the rear of the console too.

Also, how sturdy are the things in use?

If you have one fitted, please let me know your thoughts on yours?

Many thanks!
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Flip up armrests

Post by the swan fiend »

Hi mate. I had an armrest I bought off ebay, the quality wasn’t that good to be honest. It fitted in the rear 2 drinks holders so that space was lost, but I never used it anyway. I’d recommend finding a touran centre console with an armrest and fitting that. It’s not too difficult, and the quality is miles better. There’s information on fitting in the how to section too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Kombi140
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: Flip up armrests

Post by Kombi140 »

Hello
I’ve got the armster in my van and really pleased with it , flips up extends out and matches my leatherette perfectly.
Takes 5 mins to fit and only covers the little pen tray not the rear cup holders , hope this helpsImage .Image

BradleyB
Twin Turbo poster

Post by BradleyB »

That looks sweet
How much was that mate

Joeski
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Joeski »

I've got the Armster 2 after being a little wary of the quality but was pleasantly surprised. Fitting piece of cake and just covers the pen holder, not the rear drinks holders.

My only slight complaint is that it sits a little close to the gear stick but now i'm used to it, it's quite nice just leaning on the armrest whilst changing gears.

Cant go wrong for £90!
Kombi140
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by Kombi140 »

Somewhere around £80 I think but there are two options and I got the more expensive one for the piano black .

BradleyB
Twin Turbo poster

Post by BradleyB »

horace01
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by horace01 »

I too have the Armster 2 armrest. I took the top off it and fitted a Golf GTI MK6 top to match my GTI seats.

I wouldn't recommend putting all your weight on it, but to just rest your arm they are great.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2007 Caddy 1.9 TDi 77kW BLS: R32 Wheel w/ paddle shifters : MK6 Golf GTi seats : Dynamat & carpeted : Reverse camera : Eonon GM5153 head unit : Avant Garde M220 18x8" Et 42 wheels :V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers & rear shackles Gaz rear shocks : Mapped by DNA Tuning

Link to my build: viewtopic.php?t=19058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BradleyB
Twin Turbo poster

Post by BradleyB »

Looks quality top work

Sunn159ti
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Sunn159ti »

So it looks like a thumbs up for the Armster - many thanks for the replies on that chaps!

Konbi140; Re the Armster 2 you have, whats the pop out pouch like? It seems like a good idea but the pics I've seen of it raise questions of quality of the pouch itself, and what you can actually fit inside it?

As a further question; has anyone fitted any other type of armrest they have particularly strong views about, either one way or another?

Many thanks again people!
horace01
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by horace01 »

Here are a couple of pictures of my pouch. It's basically a semi rigid plastic, with a soft touch matte finish.

It holds quite a bit of change. Mine is a little hard to remove but I suspect that's just because I've changed the Arnsters top.ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2007 Caddy 1.9 TDi 77kW BLS: R32 Wheel w/ paddle shifters : MK6 Golf GTi seats : Dynamat & carpeted : Reverse camera : Eonon GM5153 head unit : Avant Garde M220 18x8" Et 42 wheels :V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers & rear shackles Gaz rear shocks : Mapped by DNA Tuning

Link to my build: viewtopic.php?t=19058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
skinnyd
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by skinnyd »

Does the armster s version also have a sliding top ?

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

I'm not sure why you'd buy one of these aftermarket things when you can get a genuine touran one for the same kind of money?
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Jimbolio
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by Jimbolio »

Can you nudge me in the right direction for the oem touran version of this please

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

If you put "touran armrest" into the search function near the top of the page you'll find more info than you'll ever need mate.
Instagram: @y_5cuf