Mapping

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Corradokid
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Mapping

Post by Corradokid »

Just a little advice needed before I stick this PD130 into my van. I won’t be swapping the turbo or injectors for the BLS only the bare minimum to make it run. Sensors etc. I’m more than competent to do the conversation.

My only question is to the mapping side of things. Obviously I’ll be keeping the BLS caddy ecu and will be running a 130bhp set up. Is it just a case of having a plug and play remap or dose it need to go to a rolling road to get it running correctly after the install.

I’m guessing it’ll start but the values will be all over the place and as a result won’t run correctly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Mapping

Post by Doc »

The biggest issue will be over fueling with the PD130 injectors on a BLS map.
I did help a forum member recently with the same task, we got his BLS ECU remapped to suit the bigger turbo and injectors and once he has it on the road it'll come to my mapping guy for some road logs to prove the map is ok.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Corradokid
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corradokid »

Thanks for the reply Doc. Which route did you guys take as to getting the BLS ecu mapped. I was kinda thinking i would need to get it on a RR. Plug and play map so to speak to start off with would be great though to get it running and go through everything first instead of chucking it on a trailer and driving to RR only to find issues.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Map was done on a bench rig, we just read the ECU map file and send it to the remapper who makes the necessary changes for injectors, turbo, etc..
That should be fairly good but once it's been run in a few logging runs will prove if anything needs adjusting and those adjustments are made before a final logging run to satisfy the remapper that his changes are safe and where he wanted it to be in terms of boost and fueling.
These PD engines are so common and the rev range is so short on a diesel that RR tuning is overkill. Setting up on the road is much more real world and from my experience gives better results.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Corradokid
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corradokid »

Thanks for the advice doc really appreciated it. I’ll look at sending my ECU off to someone then to have it done.
Adie66
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Adie66 »

Hi doc hoping might be able to help
Im trying to do what you mention in this post

Vw caddy maxi 1.9 asz conversion with gt1756 pd150 hyrbid turbo

Download the file of the ecu and send it for remapping

Problem im having is that it won't let my friend into the ecu to download the file

Using a kess v2 proper one not a clone

It keeps coming up saying security code not ready

I had the van mapped once at diesel powered and had loads of issues so never went back

But now i cant get into the ecu to get the file

Any ideas or help greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

James01
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by James01 »

I would imagine the previous mapper has put a lock on the ecu to stop people cloning his files.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Adie66
200BHP+

Post by Adie66 »

Yeah thought as much but surely must be a way atound it to get into the file or download it as my van runs like crap really bad

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

There's lots of ways around the security some mappers put on there tuned ECUs. I'm surprised your mate having a full genuine Kess isn't aware.
I think if he speaks to the supplier who has the Master to his Kess he can have a workaround enabled.

sim199
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by sim199 »

I’ve not recently had my Caddy remapped by an APR dealer and it’s now running 170bhp and what a difference that is the only difference with my Caddy is the I’ve had a 6speed gearbox conversation done the engine is standard for now that is. Keep the BLS engine and tweak that or stick an APR remap on it.
Adie66
200BHP+

Post by Adie66 »

My mate has got the master kess" he says"
He isnt that experienced with it yet as only just got it and only done a couple of vans with he is still learning tbh

what he does is the same as what you do download the file and sends to someone he knows to do the mapping then he loads it on to the ecu

Were just struggling to get the work around to get the file so he can send it his mapper

Obviously the mapper said he can do it but need me to bring the van down to him at the moment that isnt possible so trying to do it this way is my only option at this moment in time

Just thought someone might have an easy solution to get round the security so can get the file off it