Digital dash display question

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Leeapole
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Digital dash display question

Post by Leeapole »

Hi all,

Can you upgrade or unlock functions on the digital display on a 2011 1.6Tdi Caddy?

like MPG, range etc? Mine only gives trip mileage, total mileage and km/h at the bottom.

Many thanks,

Leeapole.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Digital dash display question

Post by Doc »

Yes, you can have MPG, distance, average speed, trip time, miles to empty, etc. Just add a means of scrolling the display, either a trip stalk or multi function steering wheel, and some simple programming in the instrument cluster.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Damo2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Damo2k »

Hi doc,iv fitted cruise control and trip button..
Coaded the cruise and that works 100%
But my trip button doesnt work..
Is it just the case of coading the cluster for it?or will i need the highline clocks for it to work?thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

If yours is 2011+ then just as above it requires a simple reprogramming of the instrument cluster.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Damo2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Damo2k »

Yea mines the mk4 2016 do you know what byte i have to change?thanks again

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Not off the top of my head but VCDS has it's description as "multi function display active".

Damo2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Damo2k »

Perfect thanks doc..i will give it a go

Leeapole
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Leeapole »

Doc wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:21 am Yes, you can have MPG, distance, average speed, trip time, miles to empty, etc. Just add a means of scrolling the display, either a trip stalk or multi function steering wheel, and some simple programming in the instrument cluster.
Thanks for the info 👍🏻
29guitarman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by 29guitarman »

Doc wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:21 am Yes, you can have MPG, distance, average speed, trip time, miles to empty, etc. Just add a means of scrolling the display, either a trip stalk or multi function steering wheel, and some simple programming in the instrument cluster.
Is it possible to have this without upgrading stalks or steering wheel? I.e. can the button on the left do anything different? only seems to show distance until servicing form what i can tell.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Nope, sorry, if that was an option I would have said.

Ant bliss
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ant bliss »

I fitted trip and cruise stalks to my 2011,
The multifunction display to enable mpg/miles to empty etc can be turned on easy with carista.
The cruise needed coding with vcds
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

That's true.
This guy is asking if he can gain any functionally without adding stalks or MFSW.

Mivec5RS
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Mivec5RS »

So does the cruise control stalk also have the trip computer?? The only one's i can find with cruise don't mention the trip computer.

I never realised it was on the other side.. :shock: :shock: :shock:
R32josh
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by R32josh »

Does anyone know what I'd need to get this (mpg and cruise control) on a 2009 caddy?
59 white SWB 1.9tdi
Mehariman
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by Mehariman »

Hello All, new to this so please excuse me asking the obvious. Where would I go for digital dash & cruise control stalks? Is this breakers yard or buying from VW or aftermarket or what?
Thank you
Mike