Reversing camera and head unit

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
danlurch
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Reversing camera and head unit

Post by danlurch »

Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum. I've a 2014 102bhp highline caddy, had it since November.
So far I've just carpeted and insulated back, fitted led downlights in rear headlining. Swapped grab handles for sunglasses holders.
Swapped headlights and front fogs for osram night breakers, I couldn't believe how bad lights were when I got it.
But I may have been spoilt with the xenon plus headlights I have in the car, 2014 A3 s-line sportback.
Anyway i've after advise on upgrading stereo and fitting a reversing camera, so far I've found these:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE- ... 2842851998?

I like the fact it looks standard VW fit rather than aftermarket, and this camera:-

https://www.halfords.com/technology/rev ... ing-camera

Anyone have either or any thoughts/input on them would be great
Thanks
Dan
danlurch
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Reversing camera and head unit

Post by danlurch »

Nobody has any recommendations or input on this? I'd be grateful on experienced opinions before I commit to buying, thanks Dan
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

Dan

The Blaupunkt looks to be a very nice unit. You'll find a number of threads on the forum about head units/Rear View cameras.

FYI : There's a thread on the Aftermarket RCD330, and various ways of adding Cameras :D worth having a bit of a trawl, before you make up your mind. Have a think about things like having Apple Car Play, Google maps etc or supporting Android are also questions that need to be considered.

I personally went for a NoName brand RCD330, and I'm currently in the middle of trying to link up a rear view camera. I paid £219 including postage from Belgium for it, and it literally took less than 10 minutes to install into the caddy, including the removal of the existing RCD210, only tools needed were plastic trim tool, and a Torx driver, rest was plug and play, using the existing quadlock connector.

Dave
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
danlurch
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by danlurch »

Thanks Dave, I can't see all of the forum yet, this post will get me up above the six. So hopefully be able to have a good trawl through previous posts. Cheers
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

Nice one mate, we've all been there :D
If you've got your six, then post the statement, and Doc is pretty good at getting you up and running :D
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s