Injectors...15 plate ex BG caddy maxi

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Mimsy66
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Injectors...15 plate ex BG caddy maxi

Post by Mimsy66 »

Hi!
I'm a new member based in Bristol with a 15 plate ex british gas maxi van, sub 50k miles!
I've owned it just over a year and have just had my second injector fail!
I thought the injector issues were limited to pre 2013 vans?

I am not sure what to do, I really like the van but now am faced with having to replace 3 injectors.
I am considering fixing and getting a different van as I am not sure of the longevity of the new injectors?

If I replace them, will they fail again in 20k miles?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
peely
Hyper Poster

Re: Injectors...15 plate ex BG caddy maxi

Post by peely »

Feel your pain mate , I have a bg van and have had the same issue, one injector failure, replaced all 4 for new Siemens ones at £900 and yes I was thinking of giving it the boot but the general feeling I get from the forum is that the new updated ones will give no trouble, as Vw/ Audi are aware of this issue, there’s a whole thread about the emissions update and warranty that they give with it , my goodwill warranty ran out in May , a month over 🙈 check when your emissions update was done and you may be covered ,my philosophy was I spend a grand on this or more on buying another van 👍good look whith it mate 👍
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
Mimsy66
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mimsy66 »

Thanks for the tip.

Just had a look into that- ran out in April :cry:
But that means our injector replacement last year should have been covered!
Will see if we can backdate that one...but seems unlikely.
Now left wondering if this emissions issue will continue to throw up problems :?

Pretty poor customer service by VW
ilovefullstops
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ilovefullstops »

peely wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:52 am Feel your pain mate , I have a bg van and have had the same issue, one injector failure, replaced all 4 for new Siemens ones at £900 and yes I was thinking of giving it the boot but the general feeling I get from the forum is that the new updated ones will give no trouble, as Vw/ Audi are aware of this issue, there’s a whole thread about the emissions update and warranty that they give with it , my goodwill warranty ran out in May , a month over 🙈 check when your emissions update was done and you may be covered ,my philosophy was I spend a grand on this or more on buying another van 👍good look whith it mate 👍
I've just got an ex-sky fleet van - no idea about this emissions update. Guessing that's to update the software? Will I just visit a main dealer to enquire?
If gas pains persist, try Volkswagen...
peely
Hyper Poster

Post by peely »

Yes mate phone a dealership and see if the emissions update has been done , if it has and your still in the 2 year good will gesture time then you have a fighting chance that you could get it done , I’m not saying it’s 100% certain .
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
Mimsy66
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mimsy66 »

ilovefullstops wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:21 am I've just got an ex-sky fleet van - no idea about this emissions update. Guessing that's to update the software? Will I just visit a main dealer to enquire?
You can also find out on the website.
Just enter your VIN code and it will tell you if your van has had the update, but it won't say when it was done.
You have to phone to find out date