2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
DW2207
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Post by DW2207 »

Let's be honest all models of caddy vans including other marques look very bland and boring without abit of modification therapy.
Liking the look of this new gen silver one now it as been tinkered with.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

konastab01
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by konastab01 »

Fishcakeplf wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:30 am Ordered in March likely to get it Jan/Feb . Long wait
I ordered mine in Oct, for delivery for december and surprise surprise its not here. Apparently next month but I won't hold my breath although I need van asap!

Its a basic spec one with the tech pack so nothing that fancy but still seeing these lead times is making me thing the dealer is talking porkies
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

I think its still the global shortage of parts causing delays. There are fields in America filled with 1000s of assembled Ford F150s they can't finish making because of a lack of chips and I've been told by a Porsche dealership they are shipping brand new cars with only 1 key with a promise the 2nd one will be sent once they can spare the chips.

This is just one storage place Ford are using and there are journalists saying you can see some of these from space there are so many trucks there!

konastab01
Caddy Fan

Post by konastab01 »

Absolutely mental, I mean some places have new ones in stock but not at the price im getting this at. Although I also cant wait forever as my caddy isn't right and need shot of it for something more reliable.
tonyhill
Hyper Poster

Post by tonyhill »

Seen a few of these now and I haven't changed my opinion. Modified or not.....they're horrible and cheap looking. Also heard of numerous electrical gremlins and build quality issues.
I'll be sticking with my mk4 👍
konastab01
Caddy Fan

Post by konastab01 »

What have you heard tony? Ive only seen one person moaning about the new one, something to do with the head gasket.
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Head gasket?? Seriously?? Honestly German engineering or lack of recently has really depressed me about buying anything new from VAG group! I spoke to a neighbour this morning in fact who has bought a nearly new Transporter T6 which has been an “electrical nightmare” … his words! Why guys???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
konastab01
Caddy Fan

Post by konastab01 »

Yeah but they never replied to my comment on there FB post about it so who knows. Ive had my caddy '11 since 2013 and my dad has had transporters for about 20 years and in the last 2 years my caddy has really started costing me money. I haven't seen anyone moan about electrical stuff on the new caddys yet just that post as I said above. I think sometimes its the luck of the draw you can buy one and never have one issue and it costs you nothing or another and its a shambles.

Im meant to be getting my new one next month but not holding my breath, although it is a little worrying tbh but then again its got 3 years warranty on it so thats a bit better.
NornIron
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by NornIron »

konastab01 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:29 pmbut then again its got 3 years warranty on it so thats a bit better.
Mine's a working van, custom fitted for the service I provide; whether a van has 3 months or 3 years warranty is irrespective when any time off the road for non routine servicing is costing me money.

As far as electrical niggles goes, within 2 months of delivery my 2020 Mk4 decided firstly not to heat or fold the door mirrors, once that was rectified the fan blower decided not to blow and finally the passenger window decided to raise or lower when it wanted to, but not when I wanted to. Seems the gremlins crept in to Mk4's in preparation for the MK5 :lol:
Ich habe kein Geld!
konastab01
Caddy Fan

Post by konastab01 »

Totally, well my '11 plate has been basically off the road since october so the new one cant be any worse and at least it won't be costing me money like that has with no end in sight for it. Sometimes its just your lucky, but you'd think on a 20 plate Mk4 there wouldnt be anything like that.
Last edited by Doc on Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Sadly, I think the Germans are continuing to lose their credability through poor reliability and customer care! If i’m honest it would worry me to buy a new van or car from the vag group these days due to this sheer reason. Reliability I think lies in custom built vans with a choice of engine and management system, end of! I’d rather this than having a van stuck at a dealer more than its on the road! Sad but true. This is one reason also why i’ve steered to VW classics to remind myself how good this brand once was. I’ll be sticking to my home built Caddy 3 and classics I think as the ever more frequent German gremlins continue to disappoint!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev »

A Bit off topic. ...

New T7 Multivan prices and details.
Supposedly a replacement for Touran, Sharan and T6-Multivan/Caravelle !
T6 continues as Commercial and Camper.

Start price £43,160,
then £58,130,
then £59,515,

Big jump in size and price from a Touran !!!

Details
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

I saw that the other day! And thats without any options ticked. Annoyingly they figured out how to fit a cover to the sliding door rail for that model.
Kreutz
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CNG (107bhp)

Post by Kreutz »

Talked to Volkswagen last week and they open orders on the new Caddy TGI in late June. Will only be available as a Maxi with manual transmission. So the strongest engine option from factory won't even have DSG as an option. Unbelievable...

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk

Fishcakeplf
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Fishcakeplf »

@Kreutz

Taking orders in June . I ordered last March and still waiting…..
Last edited by Lister79 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed and tag added