trim

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
kev56
Caddy2k Groupie

trim

Post by kev56 »

Hi, just noticed today, something hanging from one side of my caddy mk4. Looking at it its an angle piece of plastic that runs right across the car.
Held up by plastic clips. one of the clips / studs is broken.
Q. What is the angled plastic piece called so i can get some new fixings.
thanks.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Re: trim

Post by FishermansFriend »

Hi kev56,

If possible a picture of the trim in question would be very helpful. There are a lot of plastic pieces and it hard to say which one you need. Its hard to says if its on the outside or inside, cab or load area etc.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Its the bit that scrapes over speed humps I presume, im not sure what it's for, I've just been looking at mine which isn't long for this world. I don't see it doing anything and certainly won't be replacing it.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Giddy »

I call it "built in scrape warning" :lol:
I have removed mine. That hanging piece of plastic looks weird on a lowered van, also older vans don't have it.

All part related to that, if you need to replace something:
2K5825205B underbody spoiler
N0385494 spreader rivet
7H086729901C satin black clip
N90757901 plastic hexagon collar nut
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Katiecaddy
200BHP+

Post by Katiecaddy »

Ours disappeared long ago over a speed hump, never really understood what it was there for anyway.
kev56
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by kev56 »

Thanks for the replies giddy/ guys, Went to my local main stealer and it is apparently called the 'underbody spoiler'
So you that have removed it must have noticed a massive down turn in performance. :D
Any way ordered a replacement clip 26p plus vat. yikes.
ps. Fishermans friend it's a shaped plastic piece that traverses from one side to the other half way along the underside of the car.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Did he tell you what its for?
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro