Roof/Side Bars with LED marker lights (First Post)

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Brian FS
Caddy2k Groupie

Roof/Side Bars with LED marker lights (First Post)

Post by Brian FS »

Hi all new to Caddy2k, first post and a I did go down through the topics already posted, I havent seen anything to do with roof bars with marker and strobes built into them gives it a proper Agri spec. I seen it at full of the pipe when it was in Ireland.
The van is from Malcolm Logistics

The video is from King of the road who where at Full of the Pipe [youtube][/youtube] https://youtu.be/l_0N3Wamy3c

The Photo which I can only find one so far is from Beefy Flaps that do mud flaps for Agri and trucks
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 ... n__=%2B%3E

Im just curious has anyone seen or had them installed and how hard is it to do.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Roof/Side Bars with LED marker lights (First Post)

Post by Doc »

Looks to me as though the roof bars are made of stainless tube, just like the side bars.
I suspect the owner has had these made from dairy tube with the trailer marker lights added in.

Can't say I've ever seen another caddy with this on so makes me think even more that it's a custom job.

The guys who make tube for milking parlours etc. are usually kicking out the side bars as a sideline job, it'd be worth finding one and asking about having a set of roof bars made.

Installation, being custom made, will be a easy or a difficult as the guy making the bars likes.
Bolting down should be simple but I really wouldn't fancy drilling a hole in my roof to take the wires through.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

You could use hollow mounting bolts to thread the wires down ;)
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Brian FS
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Brian FS »

Thanks for the response Doc, I was thinking the very same when I seen it I was like that looks cool and id say it looks super at night 😎
Last edited by Giddy on Fri May 14, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote