Soggy car / Water question

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Dolphino2
Caddy2k Groupie

Soggy car / Water question

Post by Dolphino2 »

Hi everyone, I’m in the process of buying a WAV caddy maxi life 2.0 (67 plate). I test drove it, and mechanically (touch wood) it seemed ok, however upon further inspection the rear passenger foot wells were visibly saturated in water (to the point where it flooded out when the drainage bung underneath was removed...same on both sides), the underlay beneath the carpets at the front were slightly damp (drivers and passenger sides), and the passenger seatbelt mouldy.

I’ve just heard back from the seller (a business, not private) who have apparently had their mechanic take a look, and supposedly has stated there is no issue regarding leaks from the roof bars or scuttle area etc, and that it was caused by water getting into the rear anchor points (due to someone blasting out the back ramp with a pressure washer).

Quote - As previously thought, the vehicles sunken rear anchor points were exposed to water from a pressure washer.

Now to me, this seems a bit extreme, but is it likely? I don’t have the vehicle available to check, but wondered if anyone else has experienced a similar issue. I’m finding it strange that the sheer volume of water in the footwells (as well as the mouldy interior) was caused by someone quickly blasting down the wheelchair ramp area...as water is likely to run down the ramp than into the car itself?

Do the anchor points drain into the footwells etc, or is the seller trying to wriggle out of something more problematic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Papa Bear
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Soggy car / Water question

Post by Papa Bear »

Suppose it depends if they jet washed from front to back or back to front.
We had some water come in from one of the sliding windows. The catch had broken and it wasn’t fully shut but was only on one side.
Caddy Maxi Life 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG 102bhp
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
Dolphino2
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Soggy car / Water question

Post by Dolphino2 »

Struggling to get specifics aside from it being a newly appointed valeter who blasted down the rear wheelchair area (inside the vehicle)... mind is absolutely blown!...so allegedly the water went into the rear anchor points, which caused it to flood both passenger footwells (and cause the drivers/passengers carpet underlay to become damp).

They’re stripping all the interior carpets and covers out, giving them a thorough clean and dry, and are “confident” that the issue is resolved and we’ll be “completely satisfied”

Last edited by Giddy on Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post