rear seat belts mounts

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
gingerrob
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

rear seat belts mounts

Post by gingerrob »

Decided to DIY my caddy life rear seats and its turning into a right jigsaw!

So far have the caddy life step covers and the belts spreader plates etc but its the lower seat belt that is causing me issues.

The tab on the end is L shape so that it fits under the step with the slit in but the floor where it mounts is over the cassis box section so how are people mounting these?

Searched around here and found the option of the bottom of the reel or the side behind the plastic cup holder but Sirus seem to fit them in the OEM place and trying to keep this OEM looking as possible.

Current thinking is drill a hole where it should be and file a slot so i can lower a spreader into the box section the sikalex or pop rivet the spreader in place, anyone else done this?

Does anyone with a SIrus conversion have a pic of the seat belt mount with the step removed?
gingerrob
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: rear seat belts mounts

Post by gingerrob »

Getting there now plate welded in, front outer mounts done; just need a weekend free to drop the tank and fit the rest. Seatbelts still giving me headaches!

Bottom reel mount drilled in factory position and even hit the right spot but how do I get these bolted in?

Can I get a nut into the channel somehow? Long bolt and sleeve? Weld something in????

Heeeeellllppppp

ImageImage

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
julianfecitt
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by julianfecitt »

I’m not sure you can, but am interested if you can as I have had to use the side panel with a plate .
gingerrob
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by gingerrob »

Sirrus fit them here and have seen several others that have them fitted there so must be possible somehow just can't figure it out!
julianfecitt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by julianfecitt »

That is true, wonder if anyone on here has had the SIRIUS conversation that can look and show us some photos.
I have read somewhere that Sirius won’t give the information out.
I thought it could be a long bolt with a sleeve through the chassis
gingerrob
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by gingerrob »

thought about the sleeve as well or do you cut a 20mm ish hole in the bottom plate directly under so you can feed a spreader plate up in there???

The bottom plate has holes in it anyway ???
julianfecitt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by julianfecitt »

Can you see the hole from the underdog the van?
I haven’t drilled mine but thought it may go in line with the hole in the chassis you can see when you look under the van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gingerrob
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by gingerrob »

Not drilled yet, drilled the too and put a torch over the hole so you can see it's just ahead of the leaf spring mount.

Think I'm going to drill down withe a long 6mm drill, the box is approx 140mm deep so have a 200mm drill bit that should do it.

Will see where that comes out but now thinking a sleeve 10mm inside diameter with 3mm wall so 16mm drill 16mm from bottom then feed sleeve over bolt cut flush with bottom surface then use a seat belt spreader plate on the bottom with a 160mm hi ten bolt. Will need a liberal coating of underseal but think that should be plenty strong enough...

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

gingerrob
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by gingerrob »

more investigation and with a bit of exploring and a bbq skewer it appears the hole in the van is directly above the leaf spring mount so you cannot go through with a hole and have any hope ooit being vertical.

Sirus do it and many other do so what is the secret to getting the seat belt mount in the factory position???

someone must know....
Cabbs
Hyper Poster

Post by Cabbs »

[mention]gingerrob [/mention]

I’d be interested in knowing how this is done also. I’ve seen a few mount them through the slope on the arch and spreader plate the behind.

I’ve haven’t managed to bolt in the reels yet. Did you put them on the inside or outside? Any pics would be good.

I’ve as much as feed the spreader plate down the pillow on a string and held it in place with the bolt while I drilled and riveted it in place.

julianfecitt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by julianfecitt »

I put my reels facing out

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

I fitted my rear seat belt reels outside the panel with

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231262426795

These are the spreader plates, figured if they were rated for motorsport they should be ok for road use. Then you need part 45 from this diagram

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/cadd ... 867065/#45

Part number is something along the lines of 2k0 867 263. I can't remember which one exactly as I did mine a couple of years ago. You need some part 47 to fix them in place, I can't remember for sure but it could be 3 per side, part number 2k0 867 300 b. If you go to either TPS or VW commercial they'll be able to advise on both parts. I carpeted mine so they fitted better with my interior, photo below.

As for the floor plates I don't have any pics, but I cut a small slot in front of the mounting point, slid the spreader plate in then welded the slot back up, wasn't as oem as a wanted but I needed the rear seats asap for the kids, then gave them a couple of coats of primer to protect.

Photo 1 - reels mounted externally
Photo 2 - covers fitted
Photo 3 - covers carpeted
Photo 4 - where I cut my slot for spreader plates

Hope this helps, it took me a couple of weeks of trawling this forum, google, Instagram, parts diagrams, etc, to work out what/how I needed to do it!!!ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Afterthesend
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Afterthesend »

There must be away of doing this! I don't want to cut and weld. That is just asking for a future of rust. Any old Sirius workers out there?
Cheifshagger
Caddy Fan

Post by Cheifshagger »

Has anyone got upto date pictures of what to do here ?