Caddy asz swap help

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Caddy asz swap help

Post by John9n3gti »

Hi not sure if this is in the right category. Have just done the conversion from bls to asz and 6 speed box, I used a Garret off the bmm what was almost a straight swap pd130 injectors, done the crank sensor mod, done the crank pulley swap to the bls one but left the asz crank sensor. But went to get it mapped an the guy said I needed to leave the asz pulley and not to swap it, he tried to map it but was in limp mode and wouldn’t Rev over 3k, when you drive it not sure why as all the guides online say to swap it, it’s only the backing plate on the pulley what I need as the actual pulleys have the same part number. Not sure how to upload pics as got loads of the swap cheers john
Last edited by John9n3gti on Sun May 16, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zeberdeecaddy
100BHP+

Re: Caddy asz swap help

Post by Zeberdeecaddy »

Did you use the BLS cam pulley ?

I’m looking at doing this swop in the future , so will keep an eye on this thread .
T4 .
2.5 TDi 102 .
John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by John9n3gti »

Hi yea uses the bls cam pulley but the asz sensor, like I said couldn’t map it as he said I needed the asz pulley cheers
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Have a look at this post from Darkside Developments, gives all the information required to do the BLS to ASZ or ARL engine swap

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/ ... onversion/

Cam sensor, seal and cam pulley need to be changed...

I'm also consideirng this swap alongside a TFSI/V6 swap, kinda waiting to see what becomes available first :D
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by John9n3gti »

Hi yea have read darksides guide, an all the other info online, still don’t understand why the mapper said it should be the asz cam pulley, yea done all the rest as the vans now running Cam sensor an new seal. That will be a interesting build cheers john
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

What ECU are you using?
If it's a ASZ EDC15 then you'll need the ASZ cam encoder ring.
If it's the BLS EDC16 then you'll need the BLS cam encoder ring.

If your mapper couldn't give you this information, I'm gonna say this is a little above his ability. I've heard of mappers who claim to be "top of their game" screw up the mapping of these ECUs and engines so choose wisely.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by John9n3gti »

Hi, would be original ecu so the edc16, an yea put the bls pulley on. While he was trying to do it he spoke to company where they write the maps an one of they guys done the swap but said I needed the asz pulley and sensor, But never said that to me. Soon as he couldn’t do it did did make me think, only used him as I did a while ago. Cheers
John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by John9n3gti »

Hi ended up buying a new cam pulley sensor as couldn’t remember if we swap it over when doing the conversion, when cold it’s still limits to 3k but once it reaches full temp it does Rev up past 3k can anyone help cheers
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

I’ve got this conversion and you need to use the bls cam pulley to match with the vans ecu or you’ll have issues with mapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by John9n3gti »

Hi yea did use the bls pulley, just messaged a few tuning company’s, already tried to contact fadr with no reply back an a local one but nothing.
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]John9n3gti [/mention] mine went to a place called narco in Coventry. But you could try dubunit as well they are highly recommended

John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by John9n3gti »

Ok thanks il have a look into it, have spoke to a couple already but they didn’t or can’t do it cheers
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]John9n3gti [/mention] why have the other companies said they can’t do it ?

John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by John9n3gti »

I spoke to 2 an I told them I done the conversion but soon as I said that they said they can’t. Had a mapped last week have ago an couldn’t map it, when I spoke to him he said no problem an ended up waiting 2 weeks for him. Not many decent places near me as down in south. Even I’ve messaged fadr on the fb page says they have tuned over 100 but have been online since I’ve messaged an no reply they don’t have a contact number only contact through social media

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]John9n3gti [/mention] that’s just strange why no one will touch it when it’s a pretty common conversion on these vans I know w fair few with it. I had no issue at all with mine being mapped. I would dubunit a call I think they are based in Walten-on-Trent