Tool Kit and Jack location

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
veedubgub
100BHP+

Tool Kit and Jack location

Post by veedubgub »

Picked up my first caddy a few days ago and realised when i got it home that although i checked for the spare wheel, I forgot to check for the tool kit and jack.

Had a look in the overhead storage under the seats and just about everywhere else inside the vehicle but couldn't find anything...

Im guessing this is where the Jack should be located.....

The van is a 2009 tdi 104.
Would the tool kit and jack from any year and model work?
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Re: Tool Kit and Jack location

Post by C Chis »

Check above the passenger seat, in the overhead shelf, they are sometimes held in a small carrier against the top of the door jam. they are also sometimes held in the back in a plastic form bolted behind the jack mount.

You might also want to check that the spare wheel carrier bolts are free. these are prone to seizing, not a great thing to try to release when you're stuck on the hard shoulder.

Jacks and toolkits should be similar, I've a 200 pre-facelift van and i think I salvaged my toolkit from several VAG cars
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
veedubgub
100BHP+

Re: Tool Kit and Jack location

Post by veedubgub »

cheers chris,

Will have a look in those places before sourcing a replacement kit

yes i checked the bolts and although they look in fairly decent condition they are seized..... gave them a good spray with wd40 and ill hit them with the impact wrench tomorrow