Anyone retrofitted electric windows from Touran?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Duncan1112 »

Just a couple question for anyone that had retrofitted electric windows. (I’ve read the how to) Plan on having a stab at this tomorrow.
1. Do you need to run a full time power wire to the passenger door too?
2. Can the passenger window be operated from drivers switch pack?
3. Does anyone know of a handle/switch pack to fit the Touran door card that only has the 2 switches? Can’t find anything that looks like it’s fit
Thanks in advance guys
Building a 2009 Caddy PD105. Clean base 68K in white. Touran donor ready to be ripped to pieces! Front end conversion in progress.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Anyone retrofitted electric windows from Touran?

Post by Doc »

I've fitted a few.
1. You need a power supply to both doors.
2. If fitted correctly, the passenger side will work from the driver's.
3. If using a Touran door card, there is a two switch handle available. There were fitted on the Touran with manual rear windows.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

Perfect mate! Thanks for answering that!
I did think there would be a low spec Touran one but they seem to be gold dust, can’t find them anywhere.
Building a 2009 Caddy PD105. Clean base 68K in white. Touran donor ready to be ripped to pieces! Front end conversion in progress.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Try VW parts counter, they'll have them.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

Genuinely didn’t even think of that Mrs dads the manager for TPS up my way so I’ll be asking the question
Thanks again mate!
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

You’ll need the plug for the double switch as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

You’re on the ball today mate! Need to try find a poverty spec Touran at a breakers somewhere
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

I’ve just swapped out my 4 switch panel for a 2 switch version, had to re-pin the existing wiring to suit the new switch and remove the redundant wiring back to the control module

2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

That would be ace if I could find one! Don’t suppose you have part number for the switch and trim do you?
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Switch housing is 1T2 867 372B for the anthracite grey and the switch is 1K3 959 857 or 1K3 959 857A one has chrome trim and the other doesn’t
Not sure about the plug part number though.

Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

You’re a life saver mate! I’ll try find a plug off of a golf and see if it’s the rights shape/size. I’ll figure something out.
Cheers!
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

The double switch is a common part across a lot of the VAG group, should be easy enough to find one

Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

Quick question for you Chris, I’ve fitted everything off the Touran bar the latch. Got a small issue - noticed the caddy was locking itself with the door open, data logged through VCDS - found that the drivers door does register being open when you first open it but when the latch comes out of contact with the striker it’s showing closed again. Is this something you’ve come across before?
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Hi, no, not personally. However it could be that the door catch/switch is faulty and still thinks is closed after opening. If it self locks after ~30 seconds then could be a faulty switch. Does it self lock when you open just the passenger side?

You should be able to see the switch changing using VCDS.

Hopefully someone will be along with more experience and set you off on the right track to diagnose.

Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

It’s a weird one, the passenger doors not converted yet, only did the drivers today cause I ran out of time.
No it doesn’t self lock when using passenger door.
I did wonder if it could be a faulty switch in the latch, but the fault wasn’t there before swapping all the Touran bits on to it.
It’s not really a big deal but it’s annoying more than anything, luckily it’s not got an alarm