Clean air zone

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
kyle4826
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Clean air zone

Post by kyle4826 »

So, been a lot of talk about this today at work.

I haven't done much research but my understanding is if you have a euro5 engine or earlier you are getting charged!

Businesses may be eligible for a grant, but switched off at that bit because I wanted to find out what happens to people who use their van as a daily runner, but with the little reading I have done I found no answers.

So after finding out at the moment it's going to cost me nearly £10 a day to go to work, I think it might be calling time on my caddy

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

DW2207
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Clean air zone

Post by DW2207 »

Madness mate. I like to occasionally do a bit if fishing over on the walthamstow ressies, I'll be charged £12.50 to drive in the low emissions zone when it's extended to the A406. We have got a great London mayor so thoughtful to our needs

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Clean air zone

Post by Lister79 »

Living in the middle of nowhere this post had me intrigued as to what/where the clean zones are. So out of interest I done a check on mine, and it’s free of all charges except a congestion charge if I were to drive in London.

Conclusion is that it’s a good excuse to do a Petrol conversion for those it may impact. More justifications for the wife’s etc Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
SIMONSNOT
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by SIMONSNOT »

Is yours registered as a petrol after the conversion Lister? Fair play if you have as loads of folk don’t do this after converting?

Back to the topic, as Lister says, this doesn’t really effect my either due to my location however, I can see these growing more and more and road tax keep going up. This was one of the reasons I ended up opting for the mk4 with euro 6 and adblue. Trying to preempt this a little bit.
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

[mention]SIMONSNOT [/mention] yes mate everything is done properly and registered correctly.

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
McCaddyGascar
200BHP+

Post by McCaddyGascar »

This has had a right downer on my month. I've been doing some research into it as I was a bit head in the sand about it all.

I've since then found our that the Greater Manchester CAZ will come into effect '21 with a 1 year delay for LGVs.

I've spent the last 3-4 weeks on auto trader and I'm up and down if i should change to a euro 6 now, or wait it out and see what's what.
kyle4826
Caddy Fan

Post by kyle4826 »

I am absolutely gutted. I got my van because it suits my lifestyle. It makes my hobbies easier, and can do jobs out of the back of it with the plan to get enough work together to work for my self. Now I just think what's the point, I am more than likely going to keep hold of it for another 6 months or so then call it a day

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Last edited by Giddy on Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
McCaddyGascar
200BHP+

Post by McCaddyGascar »

Me too. Pined after a van for 10 years, finally got one, been on 3 highlands road trips, multiple bikepacking trips, countless day rides, loads of overnighters with the mrs, got a flat out camper bed last month, then here we are...

I've said to the Mrs, I'll get a euro 6. and it may be a transporter next time, bit more room. Two bikes, 1 week of food and clothes etc was a LOT for the van, but it coped so well and we had just enough room with nothing kept outside.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Post by FishermansFriend »

Next they will be charging us for breathing out carbon dioxide.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

They’re talking about this in Liverpool too.

Rescue me from the swans in me
DeanWhit
Hyper Poster

Post by DeanWhit »

This could be what does for me.... Could be a situation where I can't sell and I can't use it. This f**cking government is trying to kill me.
DW2207
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by DW2207 »

This is going to be happening in every major city and surrounding suburbs across the UK no doubt.
The ulez zone extension for us that live in greater London starts the end of the month.
It stretch upto the North and south circular roads but does not cover these.
Diesels have to be newer than 2016 registered and petrol engines newer than 2006 otherwise its £12.50 per day extra fir the privilege.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

DeanWhit
Hyper Poster

Post by DeanWhit »

Seriously considering selling the van and buying a newer one. Would end up cheaper than shelling out for a petrol conversion....

But I love my van. 😭
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

According to the gov website my 16 plate is free so I think ive just squeezed through 8)
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

@DeanWhit, I’d be tempted to change the engine mate if your hand was forced. By the time you’ve bought a new van then modded it, you may spend more than an engine swap would cost.
Definitely worth considering carefully fella, as you say, your current van is spot on.
Rescue me from the swans in me