Remap advice

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
G1L8313
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: Remap advice

Post by G1L8313 »

Vertex92 wrote:Interested in this thread as I have just too purchased a 1.6 tdi but the 75bhp version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve got the same engine in my caddy and had it re mapped honestly can’t stress enough how much of a difference it’s made feels like a completely different van so much smoother to drive

Vertex92
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Vertex92 »

Did you map to 120 or 150? I have read similar that basically the engines are identical on the 75bhp and the 105s but restricted on the 75bhp just for a smaller option? But apparently the brake set is smaller on the 75bhp models so not recommended to go to 150

Unsure if this is true just what I have read.

philandthegang
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Other sites on Facebook

Post by philandthegang »

I'm on a 75ps and I cant see brakes being a problem...the remap will hopefully give me a better real world boost of power when say accelerating onto a motorway at 55/60, with a 75ps the power is virtually non existent....but as for brakes 75/80 mph in a 75ps model has nil difference to a 140ps.... if you want a track car then maybe brakes will be needed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Last edited by dan@biali on Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote
SMCDetailing
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by SMCDetailing »

Just hijacking this to say a mk5 gti break conversion is probably a good idea, after remapping my 1.6 75ps i feel like the breaks aren’t great, could this be poor pad and disk choice (maybe) but for £150 for a set of mk5 gti calipers carriers and braided lines with disks and pads from ebc will be changing in the new year just a thought for yourself or anyone else looking to remap the breaks are rather weak and they are noticeably more crap when you’ve actually got a bit of power to put down

petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev »

Hi SMCD,

Can you post link(s) for that brake kit ? Sounds interesting 👍
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Please no, not in a thread about remaps.
There are multiple threads on brake upgrades without taking another thread off topic.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
SMCDetailing
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by SMCDetailing »

@petrev
There are probably multiple threads already on this dude, just take a look on fb marketplace and the like for mk5/mk6 gti callipers etc theres plenty around have a look through the forum its likely a widely discussed topic

Last edited by Giddy on Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Pman1984
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Pman1984 »

I got my Ex BG van mapped few weeks ago, 152bhp and got the wife's maxi life done last weekend it did 146. Can remember the torque but was up over 300nm for both.. Both are 1.6tdi's but we run them on BP Ultimate.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

jayd95
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by jayd95 »

I had issues with my egr valve at 70k stopped using supermarket fuel and it sorted itself until 125k so I had it blanked off and dpf discretely gutted, tuned it did 197hp (cr140) on dyno before I asked them to tune it down to 170-180. I mainly did the work because it was cheaper than the price of fitting a new egr valve and I don't have to worry about either failing in the future. I have an issue with changing gears at the moment so I've still got to open my purse again yet :roll: