Caddy R360 build thread

Show off your caddy
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: Caddy R360 build thread

Post by dan@biali »

The 3d printed parts have turned up. Think they will work. Just gluing the ‘fir trees’ to them so I can work out where the holes need to be and do some sanding where they are joined before gluing the mesh to the back. Still unsure as to colour or finish for them.

They are just leaning against the panel here, they will fit with a gap between the top and bottom.

BradleyB
Twin Turbo poster

Post by BradleyB »

Looks amazing dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by brooneye »

You’ve got some vision Dan, would I be right in assuming they will be similar to the lower ones in that picture?

dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

They have been modelled to mimic the floor but these will be functional as I need the vents to work so the tailgate closes without having to open both doors!

This is with the mesh and the fir trees. Mesh will be installed after they are painted.

dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Amazing weekend culminating with another trophy at Trax Donington whilst on the PVW stand and a chance to be a starstruck fan meeting the editor Elliott. Doc very kindly took a few photos and I had to give a very awkward on microphone interview which mercifully was very short and no one was watching! Also met ma photography who I already follow on Instagram and he managed to snap a few photos. Will see what he does with them as there was talk of offering them to a magazine he occasionally works with.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Another well deserved trophy Dan, thanks for inviting me along yesterday was a great day and I got to top up my tan unknown to me until I got home...
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

I had put factor 50 on in the morning and had thought it was a bit daft as it was spitting with rain.............burnt face this morning :shock:
BradleyB
Twin Turbo poster

Post by BradleyB »

Dan the van looks amazing
Well deserved trophy

dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Little more work on the coolant bottle cover prototype. Think the plan is to redirect the filter outlet on the catch can as the fumes end up inside the cabin and it stinks of fuel which will mean closing the hole in the cover where it came out. Might leave the area flat in case it turns out I can make it a production piece and people could modify theirs.

Timw144
Caddy Fan

Post by Timw144 »

looking incredible dude! i have the same tail gate as you what wiper delete did you use?
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Caddy R360 build thread

Post by dan@biali »

Its made by gecleant

Think I’ve sorted a better position for the catch can filter so hopefully this will reduce the fumes in the cabin. I noticed that the barb the filter pushes onto was covered in the oil mist and it was leaking from the bottom of the filter. I’ve instead found the correct sized barb and flipped the hose fitting upside down and run a length of fuel tolerant hose (the black one on the left in the photo) so it now exits at the bottom of the engine bay which should help draw the vapours away. Found a position to cable tie the filter out of the way of anything which means servicing is simple enough too.

dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

A bit more work today on the sketchup drawing of the coolant cover. This is a good project as its really tricky and is pushing me to learn sketchup in more detail but I'm really struggling with it!

brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by brooneye »

That looks like it’s going to be a great addition.

I struggle with a pencil and paper so hats off to you

Jeffers76
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Jeffers76 »

Credit where its due mate absolutely awesome bud love that
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Had a photoshoot yesterday for air lift with Matt Clifford. We did some rolling video as well but haven't seen any of it yet. He has sent me the photos and after a smidge of photoshop I've got this shot I like. Couple more to follow.