Mountain Bike/Day Van Daily Driver

Show off your caddy
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: Mountain Bike/Day Van Daily Driver

Post by caddychris2002 »

Caddyluv wrote:Fit the board so you know where your holes are. Counter sink the hole on the board so the screw isn’t as proud. Stick the carpet, cut a small line over the hole when tacky. Screw back on, then put glue on a tooth pick or something like that so you don’t get glue on the carpet. Lift and stick push the carpet back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers Caddyluv you've done that before lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

No I like contrast on mine.
Black caps black roof.

caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Looks bang on that pal

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

Caddyluv wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:01 am Fit the board so you know where your holes are. Counter sink the hole on the board so the screw isn’t as proud. Stick the carpet, cut a small line over the hole when tacky. Screw back on, then put glue on a tooth pick or something like that so you don’t get glue on the carpet. Lift and stick push the carpet back together.

Ahhhh ace good idea and know what you mean!
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

If you get glue on the carpet wd40 will get it of. Or upol degreaser.

caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Progress update today i upgraded the headunit complete with GPS and DAB aeriels. Tried to make it look factory as possible even made my own USB socket just awaiting for my reverse camera to arrive. Android Auto is epic!

One question does anyone know which wire at the back of the light switch i can come off for the feed from the side lights to the illumination wire on the backof the head unit. TiAImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

No need to go to the light switch to pick up a illumination wire, the climate panel and the traction control button both have this right beside you.
It's a grey wire with a blue trace.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Doc wrote:No need to go to the light switch to pick up a illumination wire, the climate panel and the traction control button both have this right beside you.
It's a grey wire with a blue trace.
Doc you the man cheers pal

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

So got all the alloys done now and got the roof insulated with that foik wrapped bubble wrap stuff just the rest of thw van to insulate next.

Got the rear camera installed but new problem got an image fine with the ignition on but as soo. As the engine is running the image disappears as if I've got interference any ideas anyone?

Also how the hell do i get access to all the other areas i this group like engine and electrical etc TiAImageImageImageImageImage

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Where did you pick up the power for your rear camera? I suspect the reverse light, in which case it has been discussed more than enough times on this forum, there's no need to go through it again.

This might be of interest to you to gain more access to this forum. www.caddy2k.com/newmember
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Doc wrote:Where did you pick up the power for your rear camera? I suspect the reverse light, in which case it has been discussed more than enough times on this forum, there's no need to go through it again.

This might be of interest to you to gain more access to this forum. www.caddy2k.com/newmember
Aha Cheers Doc should of read that when i signed up. Sorry about that.

Originally it was one of the rear wiper wires but turns out that that wire looses power the minute the doors shut and the ignition is turned off. To get power back you have to put ignition o. And have the door open. So yeah i decided to spur off the reverse wire... back to the drawing board.

Cheers pal sorry for my muppetry lol

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
VolksVan1890
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by VolksVan1890 »

caddychris2002 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:40 pm So I thought I'd start a build thread. My 2013 1.6 102 in some vw gun metal colour (of which is to be identified). Sat on BBS CH Alloys lowered an unknown amount on coilovers

Plans are.

Respray Alloys Bronze or Gloss Black
Insulate/sound deaden interior
Ply and Carpet interior
New Android Auto compatible head unit complete with reverse camera and underseat sub
Touch up bad parts of paint work
Either new front bumper from 2kcaddy on instagram or respray it and do the plastics gloss black
Xenon head lights
Mk7 golf steering wheel (have the wheel but need everything else) and get steering controls and cruise co trol working.
Full interior and exterior detail

Thats it for nowImageImageImageImage

have you got spacers on them wheels? as I am looking to get 18x7.5 et51 wheels myself. thanks
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

VolksVan1890 wrote:
have you got spacers on them wheels? as I am looking to get 18x7.5 et51 wheels myself. thanks
No pal they're 18x8 et4# It says on the back not sure what the second digit was

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

So yesterday me and my mate Lee did a full exterior detail of the vans bodywork. I've got to say wjat a difference the paint is glossier and the pop from the paint work is brilliant.

Lee did say that VW is the hardest paint he's detailed and he's do e Jag's Audi's BMWs all sorts.

Couldn't get all the marks out and some off it will require respraying at a later date but for now it looks a lot better and the paint work that is good is protected.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

A few pics today now the hydrophobic coating has cured so impressed with the resultsImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods: