My first Caddy

Show off your caddy
LS Spark
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

My first Caddy

Post by LS Spark »

Today, Saturday 25th May 2019, I drove to the other side of the country to pick up a caddy.
It’s a 2011 2.0 TDi 140 6 speed in reflex silver
It’s had a few bits done to it. 18” Wheels not sure what make but they look pretty good and have no marks. Stance Coilovers, Axle Flip, a few carbon wrapped bits inside and out. That’s about it. Details are sketchy as I bought it from a garage who took it as a part ex.

Got it home and within an hour, the mods started
ImageImage
Boshed a Brodit phone holder in there and a gloss black dub badge on the front(rear I’ll tackle tomorrow)

I was planning on a remap but after driving it back, I’m pretty sure it’s been done already. Seems extra rapid. Not that I have anything to compare it with but it’s got so much torque, it must be mapped?!

It’s going to be a slow build as I’m training as an electrician, money is tight.

Already in love with it and can see why people get the bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gloss Black Badges, ‘KillAllWipers’ Delete, Van-X tinted HL brake lens, Van-X glove box, Van-X smoked side repeaters
LS Spark
100BHP+

Re: My first Caddy

Post by LS Spark »

Day 2 - did a rear wiper delete using the killallwipers kits. Needs to be smoothed and painted but looks better already.
Plasti Dipped the inside of the rear windows. Didn’t do a great job really. Can see the edges in some places. Couldn’t get right into the corners so will probably redo down the road.
Debadged and replaced the VW emblem on the back with a gloss black one
Before
After

Gloss Black Badges, ‘KillAllWipers’ Delete, Van-X tinted HL brake lens, Van-X glove box, Van-X smoked side repeaters
LS Spark
100BHP+

Post by LS Spark »

Without reading the threads and recommendations, I probably wouldn’t have gone for it....but I went with the advice of the other guys on here who bought from ‘Eodaworld’ on eBay and ordered this stereo

It arrived within a week and took 10minutes to install. I’ve not done a radio install for 20 years! Piece of cake

Works like a dream and is a massive upgrade from the original unit

Thanks folks

Ash1987
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Ash1987 »

Does it have dab ?

LS Spark
100BHP+

Post by LS Spark »

Not my model but you can get one with dab, I just didn’t have the extra budget otherwise I would of gone for that

LS Spark
100BHP+

Post by LS Spark »

Stripped the old ply out of the rear to discover several years of grime and sticky unidentifiable goo.

Gave it a good clean in preparation for sound deadening.

I’ll get new ply in the coming weeks to redo and improve the fit. Considering using battens to give myself a even(ish) surface. I want to use slightly thicker ply than what’s currently in it

S3_Oj
100BHP+

Post by S3_Oj »

LS Spark wrote:Day 2 - did a rear wiper delete using the killallwipers kits. Needs to be smoothed and painted but looks better already.
Plasti Dipped the inside of the rear windows. Didn’t do a great job really. Can see the edges in some places. Couldn’t get right into the corners so will probably redo down the road.
Debadged and replaced the VW emblem on the back with a gloss black one
Before
After

Nice looking van pal and keep the mods coming.
My silver caddy with coloured VW badge makes it stand out. Image

LS Spark
100BHP+

Post by LS Spark »

How did you do that?? I like!!

S3_Oj
100BHP+

Post by S3_Oj »

New rear badge.
I carefully pulled the gloss black vw logo off from the backing insert (I did snap 1 peg tho) but superglued it back together once I painted it. And stuck it to the van

LS Spark
100BHP+

Post by LS Spark »

Cheers, I’ll have a go. Got to paint my grab handle so I’ll give it a shot at the same time
LS Spark
100BHP+

Post by LS Spark »

Started to add the Automute sound deadening this afternoon. Started to get the knack of it after the 1st side was nearly done.

Defo gonna need much much more to get the job done

Seanick
100BHP+

Post by Seanick »

LS Spark wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:12 pm Without reading the threads and recommendations, I probably wouldn’t have gone for it....but I went with the advice of the other guys on here who bought from ‘Eodaworld’ on eBay and ordered this stereo

It arrived within a week and took 10minutes to install. I’ve not done a radio install for 20 years! Piece of cake

Works like a dream and is a massive upgrade from the original unit

Thanks folks

Was this plug and play m8?.... looks good 👌🏽
LS Spark
100BHP+

Post by LS Spark »

Yea mate, 10min job and works great