Peng's Grey Caddy

Show off your caddy
Peng
Caddy Fan

Peng's Grey Caddy

Post by Peng »

Hi guys. I'm a massive newbie to this, but finally found the caddy for me. Picked up this grey caddy, with a few bits already done to it. Well looked after van, not used for lugging tools etc around which is a bonus! Nice base to start with and add a few bits here and there as I go.

Currently has: 17" Bolas, Vmaxx BBK, coilovers, smoked side repeaters, carpeted rear

Will be adding a few subtle exterior bits to smarten it up. Main one will be wing mirrors, just realised that basically the only option being Caddy Life mirror for around £300! :shock:

Interested in a different front bumper, do we have any straight bolt on options to make it look a bit more modern?

Eventually looking to get a Tent Box and to take it around camping. Pricey bit of kit but looks worth it for me. Image

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Peng's Grey Caddy

Post by the swan fiend »

Hi mate. Looks like a nice van you’ve got there. If you keep the mods that have been done, that’s a few thousand you can spend on more mods.
As for the front bumper, there’s nothing besides a Touran bumper that fits direct, and that’s basically the same as the stock caddy one. You’ll need to get creative and take the top half of a caddy bumper and plastic weld the bottom half of a Golf GTI bumper or whatever you want to use. Quite a few lads have done it, have a poke through some build threads and see what’s what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Peng
Caddy Fan

Post by Peng »

Cheers! Yes was lucky to find a van in the colour I wanted, and with some of the mods I wanted to do already done! It has left a nice amount for some extra mods that I have added to a little list.

Hmm ok so the front bumper may have to take a back seat for the moment I think, not brave enough to attempt that just yet. I did see a fibre glass one from "xclusive customz" but read some very mixed reviews on that, doesnt seem worth the punt at £295.

Anyone able to point me in the direction of some nicer touran door cards or similar that are a direct replacement? Read that some might need a small adjustment around the mirrorImage

ACalamita
Caddy Fan

Post by ACalamita »

Looks like a decent base to carry on!

Touran door cards are a simple fit. Just a bit of trimming round the inner mirror plastic but you can use your Caddy one as a template.
Peng
Caddy Fan

Post by Peng »

Had my thinking cap on over the weekend and there's a few bits I want to do to the van, so thought I'd make a list here and add to it as and when needed

Low pro Coilovers Image
Bola 17s Image
Kmaxx BBK Image
Carpeted rear Image
Pressed plates Image
Sunstrip Image
Wind deflectors Image
Smoked 3rd brake light
Tinted rear windows
Bulk head blanking plates
Front splitter gloss black
Front lower grill painted gloss black
Upgraded seats (thinking octy vrs or polo gti tartans)
Flat bottom steering wheel (thinking vrs again as they don't seem to carry the "GTI" tax!)
RCD360 (need to find a decent place to get this)
Dye headliner black
Parcel shelf and other interior bits black
Roof tent, this is the main one!
Roof bars
Fold out table in rear door

Will no doubt pick up a few extra items to add to my list from browsing this forum. I absolutely love it and love seeing what everyone has done to their Caddys. Some amazing rides here!

Updated pic below, much better with my plate on i think

Peng
Caddy Fan

Post by Peng »

If anyone knows of any bits up for sale please let me know! Also be interested if anyone had any ideas I can do to my caddy thatd be great. Want to get some caddy 2k stickers as well of course

Papa Bear
Hyper Poster

Post by Papa Bear »

I believe touran door cards won’t line up with the caddy dash. They fit after trimming but don’t quite match. If you fit a touran dash it would match though :D
Someone more knowledgeable that has done the swap will hopefully confirm or deny my thoughts.
Caddy Maxi Life 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG 102bhp
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
Peng
Caddy Fan

Post by Peng »

Cheers Bear, I did have a quick look around and saw there was a bit of modification needed, and I'm not feeling quite up to a full dash change just yet so I think that will go down on the to-do list for the future ;)
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Just read your earlier post re the front bumper, there’s a guy called gtikris on Instagram that makes bumpers and his work seems well rated on here mate.
Looks like quite a list of mods you’ve made there. I knew you would.......we all do!

Peng
Caddy Fan

Post by Peng »

Ideal thanks, I've just found him on Insta.

TBH I started off with a list of zero mods... and then I found this forum and it has opened my eyes to a world of possibilities! Seems a lot of people fall into that world :D
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

I know the feeling. I was only fitting an armrest.......5 grand later.......I’m still not done!! Mines a slow burner though, very slow!

Papa Bear
Hyper Poster

Post by Papa Bear »

List? What list? :twisted:
Peng do you have an armrest? That’s a good mod if not got one :D
Caddy Maxi Life 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG 102bhp
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Go for a Touran centre console if you do mate. I had an ebay one first. It wasn’t very good.

Peng
Caddy Fan

Post by Peng »

Well I actually looked up arm rests, and come across that one you can slot into the rear cup holders and thought that looked good for a few quid. Is it not that good? How hard is the touran centre console swap?

C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Great list of mods!

The touran door cards need a little trimming round where the door mirrors are, nothing major, you can use your existing cards as a template.

Another couple for your list - footwell lights and interior door handle LED’s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here