Post by aa48 »

Got a link for the carbon wrap please?
Looks OE! :D
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: My Caddy 'R' build thread

Post by Doc »

2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Monkey303 wrote:Looks great mate did you need anything extra to fit the engine cover
I had to fit 2 ball headed bolts 03L 103 164 to the brackets already pre drilled and tapped.

Carbon wrap is 3m 1080 and I get it from underground graphics
hulk
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by hulk »

Drumbum wrote: Unreal build thread, that bumper is wicked! Are you getting your stock headlights modified or getting brand new Xenon versions....this is something i'd love

Please let me know who can wire these lights up as I've had some here at home and couldn't get them sorted and could really do with getting them in :P
HULKSWAGON
hulk
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by hulk »

dan@biali wrote:They are brand new Touran/Caddy xenons from VW. Got the lights but Hazzy Dayz are sorting all the control stuff. Not bothering with the levelling units, active cornering or washers as would become insanely expensive. As it is the system requires new cecm, ballasts, led drl control units, and wiring adapters plus coding. Already costing a fortune! Hopefully lights getting fitted sometime next week or the week after.

Sounds perfect to me :P
HULKSWAGON
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

I'll post up any details I get once they're fitted. All the parts are on order through Hazzy Dayz and they should be fitted towards the end of this week/early next week. Costing a grand for all the parts, wiring adapters, fitting and coding mind you!
Drumbum
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Drumbum »

dan@biali wrote:I'll post up any details I get once they're fitted. All the parts are on order through Hazzy Dayz and they should be fitted towards the end of this week/early next week. Costing a grand for all the parts, wiring adapters, fitting and coding mind you!
Expensive, but it will be awesome
"Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes." -- Bill & Ted
Banditbarron
Sales Caporegime

Post by Banditbarron »

dan@biali wrote:I'll post up any details I get once they're fitted. All the parts are on order through Hazzy Dayz and they should be fitted towards the end of this week/early next week. Costing a grand for all the parts, wiring adapters, fitting and coding mind you!
I presume 2nd hand or not original then?

Seen as TPS charge £2.5k for the complete units :shock:

And as for wiring them, have they done them before? only ask as i know someone who has attempted the conversion and with the help of vw, an ex vw master tech and an automotive electrician couldn't get them working

Dave
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

They list the conversion on their website and seemed knowledgeable when I spoke to them. The headlights themselves were £500 each from VW and then the control stuff etc to get them to fit is another £1k so £2k total. If I had the self levelling with active cornering and the washer jets that would have added another grand! Fingers crossed they can get it all to work!
Banditbarron
Sales Caporegime

Post by Banditbarron »

I assume also you have google searched Hazzy Dayz review? :shock:
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

I hadn't until you mentioned it........................

A lot of the negative stuff is from a few years ago. And there are just as many positive reviews as negative ones. I'll give them a chance and if I'm not happy, they'll know about it soon enough! I know the prices for the parts is fair as I priced up some of them from VW and they are the same. I'm going to their workshop to get these fitted so thats often a chance to see how professional they are.
Banditbarron
Sales Caporegime

Post by Banditbarron »

Yeah I priced them up and nearly pissed myself at the price lol

Just wondering if the touran has a different loom to the caddy enabling the upgrade on the touran but awkward on the caddy and thats why my friend had trouble
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Today I drove to Norfolk, a mere 165 miles each way, to see a man named Ed! I had arranged with him to attempt to code the Scirocco R cluster to the Caddy and he also agreed to fit the MFSW and sort the BT module for the stereo. It turns out, the stereo has a built in BT module so just needed activating on vagcom. The steering wheel install was easy enough for him, and while he was there, he tidied up my cabling for the W8 light and wired the LEDs up and swapped out the microphone for a better solution that he made up in situ.

The cluster was also simple enough for him. It needed coding and writing all my data from the original cluster to it, plus when we test fitted it, it was obvious the Scirocco front portion was very slightly different. A simple fix - Ed just removed the gauges themselves and swapped the case from my original cluster to the new one. Job done. Looks very cool and has full colour highline display now.

But the really cool bit, it now has the dial sweep which I think is a diagnostic thing but who cares what it does when it looks like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01d2ZJBsKJk

The only real downsides are that it shows the silhouette of a Scirocco and so the side door doesn't show up when its open, and that you likely can't do this as he can't get hold of these clusters anymore.

He's now a member on here now. I would highly recommend him. I've got an email and phone number for him so if you want to get in touch with him about coding stuff or fitting MFSWs/highline clocks etc drop me a pm and I'll put you in touch.

It also transpires my original cluster is a highline version (or at least Ed is confident it is) and he removed my data from it and loaded his on to it, so if anyone fancies having the highline fitted and can get to Gt Yarmouth area or will pay for him to travel within reason, he can fit and code it to your Caddy. I will put it up for sale in the classifieds at some point.
Adam87
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Adam87 »

I wonder if a set would fit and work in an earlier caddy??
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Very nice addition Dan, not gonna find that cluster in too many Caddys.

Adam, it can be done in the older caddy but you need to use a new immobiliser chip for your key. Also, the mk5 MFSW won't work it, you'll need a mk6 and a SWCM to suit.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort