quick help re: centre console armrest

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
ianFRST
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

quick help re: centre console armrest

Post by ianFRST »

just trying to fit my caddy life centre console and armrest, and im a bit stuck :lol:

what do i bolt the back part of the armrest to? ive seen other people have bolts on the handbrake, but i dont?

also, what do i need to chop off the front part? as it wont fit in like this?

what a bodge job this is :lol: wouldnt have bothered if id have know, took me ages to get the console apart
DING-DONG
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: quick help re: centre console armrest

Post by DING-DONG »

It's easy to do wen u figure it out, but need the bulkhead out to fit the console.

The bolt holes are there in the handbrake housing in the middle underneath the drilled hole you can see a recess that's where the bolt goes than you slide the console down and the bolt aligns in the cutout in the console, however the bolts are a special bolt just a square head but on another caddy that came with no bolts I used some 13mm hex head normal bolts and they worked fine.

Regarding cutting down its the back you trim (bulkhead end) I suggest you do a dummy build remove the end panel from life console (the one with the vents and 12v plug) and than dummy fit and you will see what needs trimming.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Don't cut anything or break anything off.
Give me a call this evening and I'll show you what you need to do to fit it. I used a M6 rivnut in the handbrake turret and cut the carpet/rubber to let the ducting down.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
ianFRST
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by ianFRST »

Don't worry chaps, I sorted it :D

After an hour or so of arsing about, and trying to bodge it, I found the right nuts / bolts in the ash tray that Russ provided when getting it :lol: oops, should have looked what was in there 1st

Only took me the best part of 4-5 hours lol