What discs and pads?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
DownhillMaxi
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

What discs and pads?

Post by DownhillMaxi »

Hi guys

After having the caddy for a while now I have realised the brakes aren't all they could be

They are very snatchy when you apply the brakes at low speed and when your motoring and want to stop they are a little dull.

I'm currently running EBC drilled and vented discs on my wifes car with EBC red stuff pads which are top notch and this was a decent cost effective upgrade from the standard set up

I have read the standard brakes on the caddy are similar to mk5 gti? Is this the case?

If so what's a decent upgrade or what does everyone recommend?

R32 brakes is an obvious option but its finding the right set and having the time to do it as I am pretty busy and don't want to pay for a garage to do it

Cheers

Andy
NutterKam
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: What discs and pads?

Post by NutterKam »

You prob can't see the technical section yet. Get your (quality) posts up so you can access a wealth of info. In the meantime, yes, mk5 Golf GTi fronts 312mm discs with the caliper carriers are one of the easiest upgrades to do. Same swap on the rears - just the 286mm discs and caliper carriers. I went from stock 288mm fronts to mk5 GTi EBC USR rotors and Red Stuff. I recently carried five big lads and five sets of golf clubs plus myself and had no probs hauling to a quick stop.
If you make everything idiot-proof then evolution will just make a better idiot. I'm very evolved!
~Caddy Maxi Life 1.9TDi, Dyno'd @ 130bhp/232ft-lb~
Savgav
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: What discs and pads?

Post by Savgav »

Hi, are the mk5 golf gti 312mm brake discs a direct fit to a 2009 caddy maxi life as want to upgrade discs but the local suppliers are saying that the disc manufacturers don't list 312mm discs for a caddy.