mrfaststu's touran project

Show off your caddy
mrfaststu
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

mrfaststu's touran project

Post by mrfaststu »

brought this yesterday to go with my caddy and my golf came up at a nice price just got to decide what to do with it def got to get wheels as not keen on them and the tyres are just about on the limits
its a tdi with 6 speed box tax and test till end of the year 125k on the clocks with a smoothed front bumper and tinted windows, just on the look out for a set of 18/19" wheels and tyres now
MRFASTSTU 54 2K caddy SDI
19" satin lm reps, touran front bumper, debadged grill, rear spoiler, vmax and axle flip, side rail cover, touran door cards, touran front and rear seat conversion, aftermarket electric window kit
Reggie
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: mrfaststu's touran project

Post by Reggie »

Love the colour on the body, just a shame they didn't paint the bumper to match it.
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Post by mrfaststu »

totally agree about the colour and lack of match but got a few mates who paint and will sort it for me
19" satin lm reps, touran front bumper, debadged grill, rear spoiler, vmax and axle flip, side rail cover, touran door cards, touran front and rear seat conversion, aftermarket electric window kit
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Post by mrfaststu »

got some new wheels for it the other day from the gti festival at santa pod
set of 3sdm 001s
think they look smart on it but there is a bit to much poke on them for my liking so will prob end up selling them and getting a slightly narrower set as these are 8.5 on the front and 9.5 on the rear
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Post by mrfaststu »

got another seat of wheels for the touran not sure what make they are but they are 19s with 235 35 19 tyres and they was only £200
very similar to the bbs lm style
Zed
100BHP+

Post by Zed »

Don't mean to be rude mate but is it the pics or are they not very round? :?
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Post by mrfaststu »

the out lip is bit flat in places but couldn't stand the wheels I got with it so these will do till something else turns up think I will end up with 18s for every day use
Zed
100BHP+

Post by Zed »

Ah thought as much mate but wasn't sure if it was just the pic.

Looks like the last owner wasn't too clever at dodging the pot holes. Saying that with 19's and 35 profile tyres you do have to be very careful.

I agree with you on the 18's. With 235 40's on and trued up properly they still look good and the ride quality is great.
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Post by mrfaststu »

I have now had the door repaired from what it was like when I got it also had the new front wing and the front bumper painted now
this is how I got it
this is the side now
front bumper painted and without the black center
and with the new wheels I got from banditbarron the other day
dubvan
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by dubvan »

Looks well on those rims, bud. Did it cost a lot to get the repair done?

Jonesy :mrgreen:
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Post by mrfaststu »

not really I put the wing and the window on my self and to have the door repaired and the wing door and bumper painted was £150 all in
dubvan
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by dubvan »

That sounds like a good deal, bud. Good work getting it sorted.

Jonesy :mrgreen:
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Post by mrfaststu »

had this happen on the way home from work on the A12 the other night
doesn't look to bad for a 50 mph impact but towbar took the brunt of it and bent it and totally ruined the fiesta what run up the back of me, mines off to be repaired at weekend hopefully hasn't done any chassis or floor damage
Convw
Caddy Fan

Post by Convw »

Nasty.could be a lot of damage behind bumper.
mrfaststu
200BHP+

Post by mrfaststu »

I have now had the damage repaired and the good news was it never closed any of the shuts up, didn't bend the chassis, and didn't damage the rear panel so was quite straight forward
next thing I will be doing is taking my winter wheels off and putting some thing else on there