Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **Feb 2012 update**(Wheels)
- Kraay
- Caddy2k Groupie
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:56 pm
- Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)
- Location: Netherlands
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**
- RY4NTT
- 100BHP+
- Posts: 171
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:22 pm
- Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**
Hi matt just wondering I've just got an engine cover I'm guessing I need the sort of fixings that are used on the air box like a push fitting where do I get these? Thanks
-
super_ted
- Twin Turbo poster
- Posts: 384
- Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:30 pm
- Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)
- Location: Oxford
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**
Speachless!! I joined up just to read through this thread - now i'm hooked lol. Give yourself a pat on the back! 
- Matt@Reflex
- Hyper Poster
- Posts: 1123
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 pm
- Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)
- Location: Northampton Home of Reflex Auto Design
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**
I went onto the ETKA vw parts catalog that ive got and found the part numbers.RY4NTT wrote:Hi matt just wondering I've just got an engine cover I'm guessing I need the sort of fixings that are used on the air box like a push fitting where do I get these? Thanks
If you email me a photo of your cover i will see what i can do
[email protected]
Cheers,
Matt
-
lob2004
- Caddy2k Groupie
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:59 pm
- Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)
- Location: navan co.meath ireland
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**
some differance. well done!!!!
-
shuggett
- Caddy2k Groupie
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:27 pm
- Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**
Hi Matt, from what I've read, you seem to be the best person to buy a N/S sliding door rail kit from.
Would you kindly let me have a price for the kit, and do you paint them before shipping them. My van is silver if it makes a difference for metallic paint.
Your van is amazing !!!!!!!
Steven
Would you kindly let me have a price for the kit, and do you paint them before shipping them. My van is silver if it makes a difference for metallic paint.
Your van is amazing !!!!!!!
Steven
- Matt@Reflex
- Hyper Poster
- Posts: 1123
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 pm
- Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)
- Location: Northampton Home of Reflex Auto Design
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**
Hi Steven.shuggett wrote:Hi Matt, from what I've read, you seem to be the best person to buy a N/S sliding door rail kit from.
Would you kindly let me have a price for the kit, and do you paint them before shipping them. My van is silver if it makes a difference for metallic paint.
Your van is amazing !!!!!!!
Steven
Yes we can do the Kit including our custom bracket for £133.
This incudes shipping (uk) and painting of the cover to your paint code (LA7W if its reflex silver)
Thanks,
Matt
-
shuggett
- Caddy2k Groupie
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:27 pm
- Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**
Matt,
Thats excellent, I'll be in touch soon.
Steven
Thats excellent, I'll be in touch soon.
Steven
-
shuggett
- Caddy2k Groupie
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:27 pm
- Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**
Hi Matt, I've just read your i thread regarding fitting the side rail cover.
I'm probably being stupid, but why do you need to drill a hole into the door?
Steven
I'm probably being stupid, but why do you need to drill a hole into the door?
Steven
-
lovelydubly
- Hyper Poster
- Posts: 822
- Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:08 pm
- Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)
- Location: Essex
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**
No mate, your not meant to touch the door, its just the door shut that needs a hole drilled.shuggett wrote:Hi Matt, I've just read your i thread regarding fitting the side rail cover.
I'm probably being stupid, but why do you need to drill a hole into the door?
Steven
-
rallyeryan
- Caddy2k Groupie
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:56 pm
- Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**
Hi Matt
Silly Question - Does the Rail cover allow the door to open?
Also - I would love to do a rear tailgate conversion like yours. Would you recommend it? I would likely put it to a shop to do - Is it labour intensive?
Oh yeah van looks ok - just thought I would make the first understatent of 2011.lol.
Cheers.
Ryan.
Silly Question - Does the Rail cover allow the door to open?
Also - I would love to do a rear tailgate conversion like yours. Would you recommend it? I would likely put it to a shop to do - Is it labour intensive?
Oh yeah van looks ok - just thought I would make the first understatent of 2011.lol.
Cheers.
Ryan.
-
DETAIL
- Twin Turbo poster
- Posts: 333
- Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:38 pm
- Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)
- DADDY
- Hyper Poster
- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:29 pm
- Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)
- Location: Belfast
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**
Hey Matt that arrived in the post today looks awesome dude thanks for all your help dude 
- Matt@Reflex
- Hyper Poster
- Posts: 1123
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 pm
- Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)
- Location: Northampton Home of Reflex Auto Design
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**
No worries.DADDY wrote:Hey Matt that arrived in the post today looks awesome dude thanks for all your help dude
You have one of the very last Aluminium ones.
I just received a new batch of aluminium bar from a new supplier (previous supplier stopped selling it)
I cut 25 pieces, drilled 25 pieces (not fun) and then put the first 5 into the folder. They got to 90 degrees and all snapped.
Looks like its cast aluminium

All future brackets will be made from Steel and will be £25 posted because of the extra postage and extra time taken to drill them. I cant risk getting more dodgy aluminium and someones snapping and there rail cover falling off
- DADDY
- Hyper Poster
- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:29 pm
- Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)
- Location: Belfast
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**
That's a bummer Matt sorry to here that dude, thanks again for the unit excellent quality as expected from yourself Matt.Matt@Reflex wrote: No worries.
You have one of the very last Aluminium ones.
I just received a new batch of aluminium bar from a new supplier (previous supplier stopped selling it)
I cut 25 pieces, drilled 25 pieces (not fun) and then put the first 5 into the folder. They got to 90 degrees and all snapped.
Looks like its cast aluminium![]()
All future brackets will be made from Steel and will be £25 posted because of the extra postage and extra time taken to drill them. I cant risk getting more dodgy aluminium and someones snapping and there rail cover falling off

