Window conversion

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
DC10CAD
Caddy Fan

Window conversion

Post by DC10CAD »

Hello guys need some help new to caddy scene just got electric window complete door cards im told i need to run wires to fuse box under steering wheel & cut the touran door cards could someone please guide me all help would be much appreciated thank you in advance
Jordan morgan
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Window conversion

Post by Jordan morgan »

Hi mate Iv recently done this to mine, have a look on eBay for a electric window conversion addition wiring loom there only £20, the cable goes from the back of fuse box into each door pillar plug, you just got to pull the wire holder out of the plug to push the cable in, in regards with the door cards that’s easy enough it just need a little cut out of the corner where it sites agains the mirror
DC10CAD
Caddy Fan

Post by DC10CAD »

Thank you buddy much appreciated if poss could you circle a picture for me & attach as don’t really wanna get it wrong if i can’t find a video on youtube Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kev5510
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Kev5510 »

Sorry to jump on your post, but I’ve done this too and it is really simple. Only thing I cannot do now is lock the door from the lock and unlock button on the door card but the windows work hahaha

Jordan morgan
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jordan morgan »

I’ll get a photo of mine tomorrow for you bud, and Ken it’s not the switch itself is it? I do know some of the newer model vans have central locking problem but that’s just a case of re pinning a few wires
Kev5510
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Kev5510 »

This was the wire I ordered off ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Caddy-Ele ... 890.l49286

Jordan it’s a 2006 caddy and a 2006 touran door parts. I have tried the wire off the old caddy door cards but nothing.apart from lights up red lol. I’ll try and swapping the unit tomorrow and see what happens ImageImage

Jordan morgan
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jordan morgan »

Hi Ken, only now seeing you replied. Did you sort this after bud? When you drive the van when you go over 10 do the doors automatically lock?
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Auto locking can be coded in (or out) with vcds.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Kev5510
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Kev5510 »

Sort for the long delay in replying, no never got it sorted, I don’t have auto locking on so it’s no to bad to be fair.