scirocco steering wheel

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
andyc
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

scirocco steering wheel

Post by andyc »

I'm buying a multifunction scirocco mk3 steering wheel for my caddy can anyone tell me which other parts i need to fit it to my caddy 2010 swb pre facelift (basic model) i will also be fitting cruise control at the same time if that makes any difference.
I've tried to search forum but don't have full access yet, thanks in advance for the replies :D
Sdm2k
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: scirocco steering wheel

Post by Sdm2k »

Hi there, sorry not a lot of help, i'm doing exactly the same to my caddy. I know it needs to be coded in and another part added, at least. There's a few people that code them. I have been recommended to go to Chris Bellman in Sheffield. I guessing he may be on here and is on the caddy FB groups too. Hope you manage to get sorted :)
Lockstock
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Lockstock »

there is a large variety and combination of part numbers. I looked into it briefly, and decided not to go ahead. you will need to search the forum and elsewhere for exact details on swapping steering wheels.
However, you need at a minimum:
appropriate generation of steering wheel,
appropriate control stalk modules (if stalk have MF controls they will conflict with the MF controls on wheel)
Steering control module
Slip ring (some gens the module and slip ring is one part, some is two).
You will need coding.
You may need a different Airbag, depending on wheel and set up..
It's not straightforward and many combinations simply won't work.

Sorry I can't be more help.

I think first step is to find the part numbers for you existing wheel, airbag, steering wheel control module and slip ring.

If you post these, and the ask what part numbers are needed to support the steering wheel part number you want to fit, someone may be able to help. You may also need to use VCDS to pull details to be sure about part numbers before you start buying things.
frasers20
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by frasers20 »

Hi does anyone know what steering wheel I could change my VOLKSWAGEN CADDY C20 STARTLINE TDI for?? I have been looking into it a few months and messaged some people and they have all said the wheel will not fit...
ideally I. would like it to be multifunctional so can control my stereo too.. so do I need module for that too?

TIA Fraser
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Welcome to the forum.
When you say you've messaged a few people, what have you messaged them?
To offer solid advice, the steering wheel part number along with details of your van will be absolutely necessary.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
frasers20
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by frasers20 »

Hi Doc,
I appreciate the reply/help it is a 2017 2.0 startline tdi I can't get to steering wheel number as I can't get air bag off its not the same as videos to get them off it with a flat screwdriver.. there appears to be a small Allen key either side? Which is proving rather difficult to get into
The steering wheel control module & slipring is: 5ko.953.502.k or 5ko.953.521.fs
frasers20
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by frasers20 »

Hi Doc,

Steering wheel number is: 6CO.419.091AQ81U
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

That part number is for a standard caddy non-MF steering wheel, not a Scirocco steering wheel.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
frasers20
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by frasers20 »

Hi, so are you able to tell me any wheels that would fit on it ? And I have been told I can fit. Multi functioning wheel too if I get a module that fits the wheel ?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Sorry, I misunderstood, in your earlier post you said people you had messaged said the wheel would work, I thought you had a Scirocco wheel to fit.

Essentially, any Scirocco steering wheel from 2011 to 2017 can fit and work.

frasers20
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by frasers20 »

Hi Doc,
.that help is greatly appreciated. I will look into getting one of them. Do you know what module I will need to work controls?
Apologise this is new to me
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The modules, there variants and possibilities are well discussed in the technical section of the forum.

Next18
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Next18 »

What year steering wheel am I able to fit a 2009 caddy. It's a non mf wheel. So will need some moduels... could someone advise me on what steering wheel to get that looks good with MF. And what modules and where fo get them from