Nox sensor

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Re: Nox sensor

Post by Scoobysrt »

Until November I used to live 5 minutes from the biggest if not the only (for all i know), biggest producer of adblue in this country.
I asked them the difference between the different iso specs and they said the numbers on the label. They said it just stipulates how it is stored and tested, the actual ad blue is the same stuff.
The stories of over filling adblue stopping your engine running are false, I know of a main dealer and multiple local garages including myself who fill adblue to the very top with zero issues ever encountered.
The adblue factory also told me to be aware there are whispers in the industry that more thorough adblue systems tests will very soon be implemented in to the mot test for light commercials and private vehicles with fines issued to any vehicle owner that have removed them. These tests are an expansion of those currently in force for hgv.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
BennyBlanco808
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BennyBlanco808 »

@Kombi140

Thanks, I’ll have a look
DW2207
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by DW2207 »

@Scoobysrt, good post from yourself regarding the adblue.
This is my first adblue vehicle so its nice to read up on facts regarding this.
I have read a lot of posts across various groups of people getting these emissions sensors deleted, but reluctant myself because, like you pointed out, mot centers are starting to clamp down.
The other year I was involved in fitting scr systems to generators that I had fitted for a water treatment works.
They went on island mode and this meant that of they ran for more than 50hrs a year they were required by law to have this system fitted.
I worked on the electrical side of this project and can see the corrosive nature of urea, it really is that bad.
The bulk storage tank inside control housing looked like sone one had sprayed white crusted rock salt across the components. Crazy considering system was on a few months old at the time.
Be interested to see how long the system lasts before it needs replacing.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk