My 2008 2.0SDI Day Van

Show off your caddy
Martyn83
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

My 2008 2.0SDI Day Van

Post by Martyn83 »

Hello! I've not long bought my first Caddy - she's a 2008 2.0 SDI day van. Slow as anything, but seems to run not too bad when she's going.

So far I've had a CV joint, anti roll bar link and the glow plugs replaced. She was rolling on some aftermarket alloys when I bought her, but they looked fairly gash so I've replaced them with steelies for now.

I still need to get to the bottom of why she takes so long to start in the morning (Being parked facing up hill seems makes the problem worse) and then replace the shocks too. I'm going to swap out the fuel filter tomorrow to see if that helps any, and I managed to pick up a glow plug control/relay from the scrappy earlier. Trying to work out whether or not its compatible with the 2.0 SDI but if that makes any difference at all I'll get a new one ordered up.

Mechanically that'll get her running near 100%, then it's cosmetic things like replacing the manky steering wheel and maybe reconfiguring the rear so that she's easier to live with.

Just now she has a set of Touran seats in the rear, the bed folds right up to the driver & passenger seats which seems a bit excessive. Maybe in the spring I'll have a go and making something a little less dramatic, but I want to get on top of the mechanicals first :)