Cv movement

Show off your caddy
AaronT25
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Cv movement

Post by AaronT25 »

Hi guys

Has anyone else slight movement in both cv axels ? I’ve been told by my mechanic that it’s normal ?

Van has just been lowered on mts coilovers & I can’t remember if the movement was there before lowering .

Thanks

Aaron
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Cv movement

Post by Doc »

Welcome to the forum.
Movement along the axis of the driveshaft is normal, there should be quite a bit.
Movement perpendicular to the driveshaft should be very very minimal, I'd say no more than a couple of millimetres.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
AaronT25
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by AaronT25 »

Thanks for the fast reply I appreciate it !

The move I have is in & out if that makes sense
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Yep, that's needed or you would have no suspension travel.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort