2019 Mk4 - Former Work Van to Bike Van

Show off your caddy
Sloopjonbee
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

2019 Mk4 - Former Work Van to Bike Van

Post by Sloopjonbee »

Finally managed a trip over to Ireland to collect my new van.

It's only seen lightish duties, as a run around for a building company, but has a great spec for the price I paid and only 48k miles in 5 years.

I believe it was bought originally from Highstone, as it has branded headrests on the leather seats.

Adjustable coil-overs fitted and 19" alloys badly in need of a refurb.

Nice surprises too when I was cleaning it today, found it has some toucan seat bases fitted and a load of sound deadening/insulation, bonus!

Overall happy and started some work on it today.

Changed the DRL and headlight bulbs. Just the fog and those pesky indicators to go...btw how in hell do you get those indicator bulbs out?

Good clean out inside and fitted the my bike rack. (Forgot the after pics, I'll take some tomorrow)

Just now need to remove all the graphics and give the outside a good going over.

I have a Revo map booked this week and Apple Car Play getting activated.

Mk4 Indium Grey
VCDS User
stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: 2019 Mk4 - Former Work Van to Bike Van

Post by stu_b »

looks good
sounds like your well happy
just out of interest, what is the green / yellow thing hanging from the rear or the van in the last pic ?
Sloopjonbee
Caddy Fan

Post by Sloopjonbee »

just out of interest, what is the green / yellow thing hanging from the rear or the van in the last pic ?
One of these....

https://www.electricalworld.com/en/gb/D ... 58378.aspx
Mk4 Indium Grey
VCDS User
stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by stu_b »

ah haah
a usb / magnetic light
I thought it was some kind of super dooper technical whizz bang you beaut thing that I had to have !!!!
Sloopjonbee
Caddy Fan

Post by Sloopjonbee »

stu_b wrote:ah haah
a usb / magnetic light
I thought it was some kind of super dooper technical whizz bang you beaut thing that I had to have !!!!
Sorry to disappoint, but you’ll be the first to know when I get one of whatever those are… ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mk4 Indium Grey
VCDS User
Sloopjonbee
Caddy Fan

Post by Sloopjonbee »

Busy week…time for an update.

Revo Stage 1 map on Wednesday, if you’re on the fence about getting this done, just do it. I managed to get a little discount too from the Black Friday sale.

Removed all the vinyl graphics…bit of a pain but made easier with the toffee wheel and some Tardis.

Fitted Under bonnet sound deadening, lower grill red highlights, wiper delete and side rail cover.

Had some tints done locally, rear widows, ¼’s and sun strip, plus a chrome delete on the top grill, red of course.

Dyed my side moldings, as they were virtually white and really dry looking, used the Wurth Dye..great stuff and I think the anthracite works well with the Indium…might go for some painted moldings in time.

Gave the engine a little clean as well, more to do…engine cover ordered so that should clean up the engine bay a little bite more soon.

Next is a wheel refurb/colour change.

Oh and some messing around with Bing's AI thing that seems to be everywhere...Skynet is coming!

Mk4 Indium Grey
VCDS User
Weylin_mordigan
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Weylin_mordigan »

If you get it anywhere close to the rendering, that gonna be LUSH as all h3ll!!! :shock: :shock:
Sloopjonbee
Caddy Fan

Post by Sloopjonbee »

Doubt it…but it'll get a bit better once the wheels are done.

Engine cover added today.

Mk4 Indium Grey
VCDS User
Sloopjonbee
Caddy Fan

Post by Sloopjonbee »

Monday update...

Was busy at the weekend so only managed a few things...gave the van a very quick wash, ,mainly to clean the wheels before they get refurbed. Going for a boring sparkly silver, I heard it's on trend just now (..in 1985) and should give a bit more contrast with the grey body. Should have the wheels back before the weekend...so I can drive to pick up my daughter from Uni...I'll need the Caddy for her washing alone!!

While the wheels were off, fitted the rear mud guards and a wee splash flap on the front. I also just gave the brakes and disc shoulders a wee splash of smooth hammerite aerosol, the van needs new discs but I'll do that job in the spring, once the gritters are gone.

Ran the wiring for the dash cam, Halo Road Angel, wanted 4k and basically always on, as the only time I'll use it is for 45 seconds before an incident. Cables ran along top of windscreen behind roof lining. Tidied up the quadlock mag mount by running the cable under the instrument cluster and down to the side of the fuse panel, where I fitted a piggy back fuse to wire in a piggy 12v socket and used a twin usb adaptor for the dash cam and mobile charger. I also fitted the quadlock wireless apple car play thingy under the centre console, it has a spare usb socket but if you use it, it can knock the CarPlay off.

Also took the opportunity to run the W8 interior light wiring to the back of the headlight switch. While doing all this, discovered a bulb warning and after investigating, discovered this....

Guess I'm on the hunt for some BMW LEDs now...finally I added a wee bit of bling to the engine cover...

Mk4 Indium Grey
VCDS User
Sloopjonbee
Caddy Fan

Post by Sloopjonbee »

Wee pre Christmas update...wheels are back.

Time to get this ship rolling again! have a good one folks...see you on the other side!
Mk4 Indium Grey
VCDS User
Sloopjonbee
Caddy Fan

Post by Sloopjonbee »

Not quite done yet...

Took advantage of some lack of actual work this afternoon and cracked on with the wheels...all fitted and test driven, retorqued and all that good stuff.

Adjusted the ride height on the Prosport coil overs...now up a little (an inch maybe?) and the height from the top of centre cap, is bang on 31cm. I should have measured before I adjusted them as they must have been out by a few mm, all sorted now and seems to drive/ride a bit better.

Still need to give this a proper detail but the weather's been shite....more stuff to do in the new year. So enjoy the break folks.

Mk4 Indium Grey
VCDS User
Urq180
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Urq180 »

Sloopjonbee wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:08 pm Doubt it…but it'll get a bit better once the wheels are done.

Engine cover added today.

Hi
Where did you get your engine cover mate?
Your van looking mint btw

Sloopjonbee
Caddy Fan

Post by Sloopjonbee »

Urq180 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:12 am
Chap called Luke Webber on Facebook...he may be on here as well?
Mk4 Indium Grey
VCDS User
Urq180
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Urq180 »

Good man,thanks for that