Front seats upgrade

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
hatton014
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Front seats upgrade

Post by hatton014 »

Hi before I go too the breakers later, do Audi a6 s-line fit in the caddy with or without toucan seat bases? I had been looking at a3 s-line seats online which look class but seem too be like hens teeth, especially the 2015 onwards seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Front seats upgrade

Post by Adwano »

Only the seats from smaller cars like A1s fit onto the caddy bases unless you modify them or I believe have the caddy life bases which are just touran bases.

For anything from the rest of the Audi range you’ll need a set of touran bases, usually about 100 quid for the bases and bolts on eBay for the pair. So A6 you’ll need the bases too, I have a set for my s5 seats, the only downside they do raise the hight of the seat slightly
SuperSilverSwamper
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by SuperSilverSwamper »

Yes, as Adwano has said, you will need Touran bases to fit the A6 seat. It is a fairly straightforward job! Whilst it does raise the seat hight, there is a chance your A6 seats has more seat adjustments so in the end you will be better off!
hatton014
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by hatton014 »

I’ve a set of touran bases but no bolts, would the bolts from the caddy bases do?

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

I’m not 100% sure but iirc there not that expensive to buy from VW parts counters

wisey13
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by wisey13 »

I have the same issue, have the touran bases but missing bolts.

The Caddy bolts don't all fit. There are the long ones which do fit. Also the short ones which don't fit it.

So I need to buy more of the long bolts but can't find the part number. The number for the short ones is N91014601.

Let me know if you found out which ones were required?
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Adwano »

Which bolts are you after, is it the ones that fit to seats to the bases or the bases to the van floor?

Can usually find them on ebay if do a quick search for Touran Base bolts, but if for the seat to base believe its M10x38 which is N90936901