Poor call quality hands free

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Natman151
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Poor call quality hands free

Post by Natman151 »

Hi I've got a caddy mk4 startline, has anyone else found that the stock hands free is a bit quiet? People on the other end have also said they hear lots of the road noise. Are there any upgrade kits available which make the audio louder and improve call quality?
Javito
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: Poor call quality hands free

Post by Javito »

I haven't found it quite but people do tell me they hear a lot of noise on the other side.
My partner has a Golf, same year (2014) and you can't hear any background noise at all when she calls.
I thought about mounting the microphone on a bit of foam to reduce vibration but never got to do it.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

PJD
100BHP+

Post by PJD »

I've discovered that the microphone is in the overhead light cluster if that helps. I have not tried hands free since I added sound deadening and insulation to the cab roof but have noticed that the stereo sounds better. Might be worth considering
Benson007
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Benson007 »

PJD wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:10 pm I've discovered that the microphone is in the overhead light cluster if that helps. I have not tried hands free since I added sound deadening and insulation to the cab roof but have noticed that the stereo sounds better. Might be worth considering
Is that true of the mk4? I have a ‘4 and I can’t see a mic in there and, unlike the mk3, there is no mini grill in the light fitting.
Natman151
Caddy Fan

Post by Natman151 »

I've got around to deadening in the roof and rest of the rear but I haven't noticed a difference. I've got the bulkhead removed I might try fitting a curtain this weekend to deaden noise from the rear of the van. Most of that interference is road noise.