1.4 petrol engine

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
nags
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

1.4 petrol engine

Post by nags »

Hi guys seen a mk4 1.4 petrol for sale just wondering if anyone has one and could let me know about real life mpg and are they a bit underpowered this one is a fair distance away so can’t just call and have a look and a drive It’s pretty good spec but I do about 30k a year and just wondering are they hard on fuel i have driven the 102 hp diesel and had made my mind up if I found one in the spec I wanted it would have to be remapped as was bit dead as my last mk3 was 140 brake and I was happy with that with the weight I carry in the back any help would be great cheers
Step83
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Re: 1.4 petrol engine

Post by Step83 »

I've got one, feels nippy enough, I came from a 145BHP passat to this so its kind of similar, need to remember to drive it like a petrol to let it rev an you'll be fine.
MPG wise, I'm getting 45-55 on the motorway and 35+ around town, I get around 420 miles to a tank mainly motorway work though for me.

Remap on the 125BHP will take you to around the 155 mark, no idea on MPG though, I still need to map mine. All I have done performance wise is replace the turbo intake pipe from the baffled one to a straight silicone and chucked in a pipercross filter, gives a little better throttle response and you can hear the turbo now as well.