Need advice; Wiring Rear View Camera

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
ibace
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Need advice; Wiring Rear View Camera

Post by ibace »

I have a 2008 Caddy Maxi R.H.D. 1.9 Lt TDI and 5 Speed Manual that has had modifications made to it to enable Disabled Wheelchair access.

Trying to fit an Android 13 Head Unit and Reversing Camera...but how to route the wiring is my main issue [though figuring out how to load Maps - AND WHICH MAP?] - is another issue I am not having much luck with so far.... I'd decided to basically run the cable as supplied with the Camera Kit from the HU underneath the Centre Console, emerging near the rear of the Passenger Seat, cable across to the left side of the van and then "secreting" it between the Carpet Trim inside the rear of the Van and under the plastic of the side trim panels...got it all the way to the rear door area.
Plan on routing the wire up the rearmost section of the plastic interior trim to somewhere near the the top of the van where I will make a decision on the best way to get the cables to the rear door.

My Van has the single, swing up door and the internal wiring comes from the top inside the Van roof through 2 Rubber ribbed waterproof enclosures, though that part is not my main concern. Given I need to install the GPS Aerial as well as a mic & a D.A.B. aerial - I'm thinking the likely route is behind the dash and somehow getting to the Internal Trim Panel [is is the A Pillar?] that runs from the top of the dashboard to the roof-line...between the Windshield and the Door-frame.

As well [but I didn't think to take a pic of the area] in the rear right side at the back of the Van the is a recess just forward of the "Hideaway" for the Jack etc and in that recess there is a [BIG] Rocker Switch [about 35 mm X 16 mm]...cannot figure out what it is supposed to control...any hints?

Needing answers to questions posed below and referenced to the pics;

THIS PIC: want to know how to remove this "Tray" to allow access under the dash for routing wires

THIS PIC: where the yellow arrow pointing to the small red circle on the white trim piece [A Pillar?] method to remove trim & reattach
Where the yellow arrow is pointing to a "cover?" is this for higher model level light to be fitted?
The big Red circled area; is this a blt to be modified/changed to an actual Glove Box?

THIS PIC:
where the yellow arrow is pointing; is this provision for an internal light [or USB Port? Or is there another purpose? As well can the Lighter Socket be changed for an OEM USB socket? Part Number anyone?

ThanX to those who offer some guidance or advice...
Nicklouse
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Need advice; Wiring Rear View Camera

Post by Nicklouse »

Tray will not give you access.

Remove glove box for access.
Black square in glove box for a media port when fitted.
Black retangle for pass airbag warning if fitted. I would route the wires down the sills rather than up the roof.