Help removing interior mirror??? Mk4

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
EricsCaddy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Help removing interior mirror??? Mk4

Post by EricsCaddy »

So I’ve treated myself to one of the “OEM” style integrated dash cams this weekend, plug and play into the rain sensor on the screen so no wiring and it replaces the plastic trim around the sensor to one with the camera in…..

Problem is, I can’t for the life of me remove the actual internal mirror part! I’ve watched some YouTube videos that make it look easy but I swear mine must be different as it doesn’t want to budge.

2019 MK4 Highline with heated windscreen (why I’m scared to crack it) with rain and light sensor installed. Anybody removed one recently???
2019 Caddy Highline, Heated screen, parking sensors, cruise, auto lights, virtual cockpit dash, custom blue seatbelts, heated GTE seats, GTE MFSW, climatic, rear camera, discover media nav, oem+ led headlights, GTE tartan doorcards, Audison sound system (project: highest spec highline :twisted: )
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Help removing interior mirror??? Mk4

Post by Doc »

What method have you seen from YouTube?
I'm fairly sure the Caddy4 RLS mounting is just a twist off with 1/4 turn counter clockwise.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

I’ve managed to get the bottom trim piece off, damaging it using pry tools but that’s as far as I’ve got!!

The other plastic pieces that run from the mirror base up to the roof lining feel solid also, feels like I’m going to smash the screen if I put anymore force on them.

I can see the base of the mirror and it looks like you might be right, a twist motion (I’ve seen videos of this) but can’t get mine to twist and it also has wired running into the back of the mirror so couldn’t remove it fully anyway… very frustrating
2019 Caddy Highline, Heated screen, parking sensors, cruise, auto lights, virtual cockpit dash, custom blue seatbelts, heated GTE seats, GTE MFSW, climatic, rear camera, discover media nav, oem+ led headlights, GTE tartan doorcards, Audison sound system (project: highest spec highline :twisted: )
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

Just to update for search reasons…

You need to remove the top trim piece first nearest the roof lining, it slides into the roof lining so can’t be pulled down, it needs to be separated from the middle piece and will come out, then the middle piece moves up and out, allowing the mirror to be rotated and removed….

Painful process overall!
Few photos on my build page on why I needed it removed and the upgrades I fitted in its place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk