Horrible Remap

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
bobmaf
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Horrible Remap

Post by bobmaf »

i dont know who remapped my van but its blooming horrible its as if at 30 - 40% throttle they have mapped it to inject 100% thick black smoke any more or any less and its fine grrrr going to have to get a better map
before i do tho i will read the map and have a good look to see what they changed
Rant over :)
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Horrible Remap

Post by Doc »

Are you certain it's the remap?
Boost leaks or fuel injection issues can cause excess smoke.

Personally, I'd write a good map on it and move on but maybe you have more free time than me to look into where an unknown remapper has gone wrong.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
bobmaf
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by bobmaf »

yeh i think its the map because its only at 30 -40% throttle more or less throttle and theres no smoke
i will see when i take a look
aja212x
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by aja212x »

Did my own remap (Xtreme Tuning) in the Midlands, no issue so far :)
Maybe get the original file put back on and see how it goes? I have a custom file on mine using our authorised dealer, a lot of remap guys use stock files to save money.