1.0 TSI petrol engines

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Konners
Caddy2k Groupie

1.0 TSI petrol engines

Post by Konners »

Hello,

There seems little I can find online about Caddys fitted with the 1.0l TSI petrol engine VW offered it with. I’m sure it was an unpopular choice, so not hugely surprising. I’m curious whether any members have any experience having owned or driven one? I would like to know how it performed, MPG, maintenance/service. I’m looking at getting a Caddy, and whilst it’s unlikely to be my preferred engine choice, I’m wondering whether I should dismiss it entirely.

Thanks in advance

K
DeonBSA
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Re: 1.0 TSI petrol engines

Post by DeonBSA »

Hi Konners,

I currently own a 1.0TSi 2018 (75KW). Previously owned a 2.0TDi (81KW), and there is a slight difference in power especially the torque. The diesel was more powerful.
The 1.0TSi has more features as standard like PDC, reverse camera, Xenon headlights with LED DRL, etc.

The TDI averaged 17km/l and the 1.0 averages about 14km/l

Hope this helps your decision :)

Regards,
D
Konners
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: 1.0 TSI petrol engines

Post by Konners »

Hi Deon,

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it. Does your TSI get much/any motorway (or similar type of road) use? I’m curious how fuel efficient the 1.0l is in these conditions. The small petrol engine appeals for city driving, of which much of my driving will be, but I do frequent trips into the countryside and I plan to load it up with the family and hit the road for long driving holidays.

Thanks in advance.

K