To 3.2 or not 3.2

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

To 3.2 or not 3.2

Post by Adwano »

Hi everyone,

I’ve currently got an Audi a3 3.2 as my second car which runs great but is starting to have a bit of rust underneath etc the typical 20 year kind of wear.

Insurance has just come around and is pretty high plus the cost of tax etc so do I use the car as a donor to power the caddy? Or look to sell and just get a donor at a later date from an S3 or something.

Will look to convert the caddy at some point as my dfsd is on 150k however wondering if I wait or use this whilst I know the history of it.

Can you put a 3.2 from an 05 A3 into a 2019 caddy?

Cheers
Ad
Imprintx
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: To 3.2 or not 3.2

Post by Imprintx »

:D Better the devil you know as they say
kobat79
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: To 3.2 or not 3.2

Post by kobat79 »

If your 2.0 is running fine and only has 150k on it, I'm not sure why you'd be wanting to incur the expense, hassle, and time to swap it to a less efficient engine that will attract higher tax and an insurance premium? Is your Caddy a daily or a fun weekend car? If it's your fun car or a show car then by all means, but I wouldn't see the logic of 3.2 swapping a daily.

If you had space maybe pull the 3.2 and everything else you'd need for the swap and store for the future? At least you'd know the history of the donor parts.