RCD 880 Pro 8" Android Auto / Apple Carplay

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
PeakyPaul
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

RCD 880 Pro 8" Android Auto / Apple Carplay

Post by PeakyPaul »

Hello,

Has anyone got any knowledge of the RCD 880 Pro?

I am looking at a stereo upgrade for the Van but would like to keep it is OEM as possible - I have seen these units on eBay/Ali Express and also from a company called MAK Coding who I don't know of but they get good reviews.

I have a question over fitment - from contacting the seller "lemonshark" on eBay they have said that I need a MQP to PQ wiring adaptor but when i contacted MAK coding they said it was plug and play?

My van is a 2016 Mk4 trendline with the standard stereo.

From general reading on here the van is built on the PQ platform but if what I have been told is right and from the little research i have done it would appear my stereo has MQP wiring?

Be great to hear if anyone has fitted this unit and what feedback they have.

Cheers

cantfindthegenepool
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: RCD 880 Pro 8" Android Auto / Apple Carplay

Post by cantfindthegenepool »

Nice looking headunit wonder if it would work ok in a 12 plate facelift off the steering wheel or an adapter harness would be needed :?:
2.0 Tfsi 6 Spd Coilovers & Axle Flip Touran Rear Seat Touran Dash Swap Setup Touran Center Console Corbeau wingbacks DRL Headlights
PeakyPaul
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Re: RCD 880 Pro 8" Android Auto / Apple Carplay

Post by PeakyPaul »

I think you'd be fine on a 2012 in terms of the connector being PQ.

However the reply I got when I asked the eBay seller about steering wheel controls was,

Some do
Some work but not all buttons
Some don't work at all.
Depends on car.

So not at all convincing, hence I was hoping somebody had tried one of these units already.