Question/information requires about the Caddy Maxi Life

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
ryanfinch
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Question/information requires about the Caddy Maxi Life

Post by ryanfinch »

Hi guys. I have 2 questions about the Maxi Life MK4 if anybody can help.

Is it possible to fit a Solid Bulkhead into the Caddy Maxi Life?

Does the Caddy Maxi Life have the same payload as the Van version?

Thanks in advance, Finchy :D
PeterAFox
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Question/information requires about the Caddy Maxi Life

Post by PeterAFox »

Wikipedia (Caddy Life has 608 kg payload:

Caddy Maxi and Caddy Maxi Life

Debuting at the 2007 Frankfurt Motor Show, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles presented the Caddy Maxi Life the people mover version of the Maxi range. The Caddy Maxi range carried over all of the Caddy engine and debuted the 2.0L TDI engine producing 103 kW (138 hp; 140 PS).[19]

The Caddy Maxi family is 470 mm (19 in) longer version of the Caddy with 4.2 m3 loading space, this is due to extensions of the wheelbase which measures 3,002 mm (118.2 in) an extended, rear overhang now 151 mm (5.9 in), plus the growth between the sliding doors and the rear axle now at 319 mm (12.6 in) and payload is up to 800 kg (1,764 lb) to 810 kg (1,786 lb) on commercial versions.

The Caddy Maxi Tramper, the camping version of the Caddy Maxi, debuted at the 2008 AMI Leipzig Motor Show along with the Caddy Maxi EcoFuel Study.
feville
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Question/information requires about the Caddy Maxi Life

Post by feville »

I have a Maxi Life MK3 and it has different rear leaf springs to the regular vans. I’m sure the payload is reduced due to this? The leafs can be replaced for the regular or updated BG versions though.