Tow bar attachment points

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
theworthyhawk
Caddy2k Groupie

Tow bar attachment points

Post by theworthyhawk »

Hey everyone. Apologies for the quite simple question but I'm away ATM and have a new-to-me caddy at home that I can't check this out on readily.

Do all caddy's have towbar attachment points? There's no towbar sticking out from the bumper so I assumed it didn't have one.

The reason for my asking relates to a previous question of mine which is about bike racks for barndoor versions. I'd love a bike rack but there don't seem to be any for barn doors and I didn't think I had a towbar to attach a different style to.

Thanks everyone.
Nicklouse
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Tow bar attachment points

Post by Nicklouse »

Yes and no. They replace the rear bumper bar. So yes they have places where you can fit a tow bar. But they don’t have place to just fit the tow hook.
azauhar
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by azauhar »

To they need to replace rear bumper only in case you install original VW tow bar or in any other workshop they will do the same procedure if you maybe know?
PeterAFox
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by PeterAFox »

you should look at your PR codes. Some have the towbar 'preparation' fitted in the factory (I think it's an extra, but it was included in some sales packages - at least here). This makes it easier and cheaper.
Most 3rd party towbar sellers have very good instructions on how to fit them - when I last looked it didn't seem too difficult if you have a reasonably equipped garage and there are firms that offer it with fitting for a good price. You need to get the paperwork sorted out afterwards (new MOT?)
Nicklouse
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Nicklouse »

Mot is only for 13pin sockets.