Which BCM to buy?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
PeakyPaul
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Which BCM to buy?

Post by PeakyPaul »

Hello all,

I am looking at purchasing a upgraded BCM for my 2016 Mk4 Caddy SWP panel van.

Its a Startline so only has a low BCM, the part number fitted is - 5K0 937 085 AD

From doing a search on this forum it looks like I need one ending in 086 or 087, preferably 087.

My question is, does it have to be from a Caddy or will a Golf/Touran/Scirocco/Passat etc. fit and code?

It seams to be a minefield on part numbers and prices - I appreciate all of them will need coding.

Some examples I've found.
5K0 937 087 AK ZLG = £513.60 Brand new replacement - from VW.
5K0937087AR Z0R = £229.04 brand new Passat 16 > from Deutscheparts.
5K0 937 087 AF = £60 Used 2016 Scirocco from ebay.

So the prices vary greatly.

Would appreciate some advise on what one to go for!

Reason for changing the BCM is I am adding MFSW - Heated seats - Rear PDC, next on the list is a highline dash.....but that will be another thread lol. I may well be upgrading the headlights adding fog lights etc.

Thanks
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Re: Which BCM to buy?

Post by FishermansFriend »

Hello,

5K0 937 087 AK ZLG is for a caddy, you could look for a 2nd hand one on ebay.

5K0 937 087 AF Scirocco might work, you would have to compare Scirocco and Caddy J519 wiring diagrams to make sure. I had a quick look and the pinouts I checked all matched.

I have a 5K0 937 086 AA and it does all the things you are looking to do.
PeakyPaul
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Re: Which BCM to buy?

Post by PeakyPaul »

thanks @FishermansFriend - Just started reading your build - awesome van!!

Thanks for your input, I have read mixed answers on various forums that BCM's can be mixed between models and some say no problem others say its a big no no!

Thanks for providing a part number for the one you have - that's a great help! I'll keep an eye out for one of these.

Would be interested to see if there is a list of compatible BCM's anywhere - found one for steering control modules on the Ross-Tech site but no equivalent for BCM's - guessing its not so easy!